Kindergarten's Weekly Newsletter - Issue 11
CURRICULUM NEWS for October 30th - November 3rd
WORD WALL WORDS:
- with, my, play
- Review colors
- Identifying the story elements in a text (characters, setting, important events)
- Hearing the beginning sounds in a word
- Blending sounds to make a word: /c/ /a/ /t/ = cat
- Writing a sentence with a capital letter at the beginning, spaces, & punctuation.
- Number Concepts (0-20) - Reading, Writing, & Representing Numbers
- Weather & Seasons
Important Dates to Remember
Friday, October 27th - Yearbook Pre-Orders Due (read further below for info)
Monday, October 30th - 50's Day (students are invited to dress in 50's attire)
*SAVE THE DATES*
Friday, November 3rd - Windsong Fall Festival
Monday, November 6th - Friday, November 10th - Stuff the Bus
Tuesday, November 7th - Cultural Celebration Night (read further below for info)
Friday, November 10th - K-2 Veteran's Day Assembly (read further below for info)
Thursday, November 16th - Grandparents & Special Friends Day
2017 - 2018 Yearbook
Yearbooks for the lowest price of the year...
Now’s your chance to order the Windsong Ranch Elementary School yearbook for the lowest price of the year! Make sure that your child doesn’t miss out on our yearbook tradition. It’s the only book that captures the year’s events, activities, friendships, experiences and memories.
- You must order your copy by Friday, October 27th (today) to take advantage of this offer.
- Order online at jostensyearbooks.com or click on the following link: http://jostensyearbooks.com/?REF=A09801070 .
If you have already purchased a book, thank you! This year’s book is one you won’t want to miss!
Cultural Celebration Night
We look forward to sharing this amazing evening with our families!
Honoring our Veterans
Have your child:
- Identify the characters, setting, & important events.
- Draw and label the important events from the story.
Monday - Practice reading and representing numbers 0 - 20. Draw a card, say the number, and represent the number with objects (pasta, beans, toys, etc.)
Tuesday - Play War with number flashcards 0 - 20 (click on the link below to print your own). Print 4 sets of flashcards. Divvy up all of the cards between player 1 & player 2. Both players will turn over one card at the same time. The player with the greater number will keep both cards. Make sure to use correct vocabulary each time players compare cards:
"8 is greater than 3"
"2 is less than 7"
Wednesday - Practice counting objects and writing numbers 0 - 20. Player 1 will show player 2 a set of objects. Player 1 will count the objects and write the number with the correct formation.
Thursday - Play "Rally Robin". Both players will practice counting by ones to one hundred using Rally Robin game. Player 1 says a number, player 2 says the next number, player 1 says next number, player 2 says the next number, etc. Repeat until numbers 1 - 100 are complete.
Friday - No homework. Have a great weekend!
Fire Safety Clowns
- Discussing a planned route in case there is a fire in your home & practicing the route as a family.
- Discussing the meeting spot once you are out of the house (mailbox, light pole, etc.)