Happy New Year!! YEAH 2021!
I thought I would send the newsletter early this week, to welcome everyone back. I hope you all had a safe and blessed 2 weeks off. The Christmas season is always so special. The teachers were so excited to see the kids today, even though most are still virtual. We are hoping to avoid the post-holiday COVID spike and get those numbers back down so that we can be fully in person soon. As a reminder, if the case counts are above 350/100,000, then we can bring back groups of less than 15. As of this morning, we are at 402.9/100,000. Once it gets below 350/100,000, we can begin bringing everyone back. For now, we are just happy to be back together in any form.
Today was the first school day and I think it is taking a little time to work out a few technology kinks (on our end and in a few homes, as well) and get everyone back to the regular schedule. Here is a reminder of a few things that can help settle the kids back into the routine:
- Turn off technology and get to bed early
- Keep the times/routines that same whether they are on site for school or doing remote learning
- Try to plan meals ahead so you have healthy options available when things are rushed
For students on Remote Learning:
- Kids should be at a desk/workstation...not on the floor or still in bed
- Eat before class or during breaks, NOT during class
- Uniform tops are required for Zoom
- Kiddos should have their laptop and any books or necessary items at their desk
- Try logging on 2-5 mins early
- Keep camera ON
If your child is ill and cannot attend in-person or remote school, please email the teachers and Ms. Nina or call the office at 253-272-7012.
Have a wonderful week and stay dry!
St. Martin's Lake has Returned!
- Mon, Jan. 4th - Pre-K and K return in person and 1st - 8th grade return to remote instruction
- Wed, Jan. 6th - Epiphany/Rosca de Reyes
- Fri, Jan. 8th - Tuition is DUE if you are not on FACTs.
- Mon, Jan. 11th - Online Virtus training for volunteers. Sign up at virtus.org
- Mon, Jan. 18th - No School for Dr. MLK, Jr. Day
- Tues, Jan. 19th - Return to In Person Instruction/Hybrid for 1 - 8
- Sun, Jan. 31 - Sat, Feb. 6th - Catholic Schools Week (Change from calendar)
- Thurs/Fri, Feb. 4th and 5th - Noon Dismissal for Conferences
- Fri, Feb. 12th - No School for Students (Teacher Professional Development)
- Mon/Tues, Feb. 15th-16th - No School for President's Day