Week of September 2 - 6, 2019
Hello Sachems! Welcome Back!
I can’t tell you how excited I am that we are back together at MHS! I hope you had a great summer and are ready for a new year with so much potential and opportunity. I hope you took some time to reflect on the past school year and celebrated your many accomplishments, but also identified areas that you want to improve. A new school year brings the opportunity for a fresh start. I am so excited to see where you take the year…and I can’t wait to celebrate all that you accomplish at MHS! As a school, we must StartSTRONG!
I want to take the opportunity and welcome the newest of Sachems…the Class of 2023. I hope you find the magic that is Middleborough High School and explore the numerous opportunities that lie ahead. Take advantage of all that we have to offer…and finish your first year of high school is great success! I know you will StartSTRONG! To the sophomore class…this is the year that you must BeSTRONG! With the importance of your state testing and the increased rigor in all of your classes, it is important to focus on your academics and keep the eye on the prize. I have been so impressed with the Class of 2022, and I am very much looking forward to seeing where this year takes you! To the juniors, I want you to be prepared for what many refer to the hardest year of high school. So many of you have taken the leap to engage in an AP course, which I think is a true testament to your commitment to excellence. This year you must StaySTRONG as you begin to explore college and post-secondary learning experiences. I am very confident that this class will end junior year stronger than ever…and will have all the ingredients to enter senior year with conviction.
Finally, to the Class of 2020…I am so proud of each of you and can’t wait to see where you take our school. I remember the day you entered our school as freshmen, and I am so excited to spend this year with you watching you transform our school. I believe that the power of the senior class and the spirit they possess for their school is contagious to the rest of the school. You, my friends…set the tone. I have watched this class grow to be incredible leaders and role models. It is now your time to shine! I know that you will work every day with the focus and commitment to FinishSTRONG! I expect to see each of you walking at graduation!
The focus of our school this year is the importance of being present and thankful for what you have in your life. This year is to foster a culture of being who you are…and more importantly, who you want to be! On behalf of the entire faculty and staff of Middleborough High School…Welcome Home and get ready for an incredible year!
Here are a few items for the upcoming week!
- Great job to the many student-athletes who worked all summer at the MHS Conditioning Program. Our sports teams will be better because of you and your commitment to excellence!
- Congratulations to the StartSTRONG Orientation Leaders for providing an outstanding welcoming experience to the Class of 2023. The program was incredible. Special note to thanks to Tori Warner for her commitment to lead this very important program.
- To the members of the Senior Class who participated in the College Boot Camp this summer. It was incredible to watch your college essay come to life! Job well done!
- To the Student Council Executive Board for their tremendous job planning the school year…our school is in for a great year under the leadership of the student council executive board.
- To Carissa Chane, Shannon Hurley, Carissa Chane and Chris Cogan who represented MHS at Girls State and Boys State respectively. Job well done!
- Thank you to the 85 members of the MHS Student Council who attended the MASC Summer Leadership Conference this summer! Your leadership training will truly help our school grow to be even better.
- Thank you to the 12 members of the Student Council who attended the National Conference for Student Council in Pennsylvania!
- Congratulations to the MHS Community for being named a 2019 Official Special Olympics Massachusetts Unified Champion School. Additionally, we just learned that Middleborough High School was named a National Banner School for our work with inclusion and Unified Sports within our school. This is proof of how inclusive and accepting our school community is. Well done, Sachems!
1:1 Initiative Launch
MHS is proud to continue our 1:1 Initiative for this year. All students, Grades 9 – 12 will be given their laptop for the school year on the first day of school. Students may register their own laptop if they prefer, however, it must be registered with the main office before access will be given. Students who brought their own device last year will need to register their device again for this upcoming year. An exciting year ahead of engaging technology in the classroom.
Welcome Back Week - September 3 - 6, 2019
Tuesday, September 3 & 4 - First Days of School
- Orange Day/Black Day
- Welcome Back and Getting Settled
Thursday, September 5
- FinishSTRONG Kick-Off Rally
- Block 1 & 2
- Welcome Eddie Slowikowski to Middleborough High School
Friday, September 6
- Class Meetings
MHS Welcomes Eddie Slowikowski
MHS gives a warm welcome to nationally known speaker, Eddie Slowikowski who will spend the day on Thursday working with our student body. Eddie will lead a group of students through a very special program on Thursday, September 5th during Block 4.
Eddie will lead the FinishSTRONG Kick Off Rally on Thursday, September 5! We are looking forward to a great day with Eddie! A special note of thanks for the Class of 2019 for their kindness in sponsoring our speaker for our rally!
Home Games for the Week - SACHEM PRIDE
· Tuesday, September 3
o NO HOME EVENTS
· Wednesday, September 4
o NO HOME EVENTS
· Thursday, September 5
o Golf Vs. Carver – Varsity – 4:00pm – Lakeville Country Club
· Friday, September 6
o Volleyball Vs. Plymouth North – Varsity – 5:30pm – MHS
o Volleyball Vs. Plymouth North – JV – 4:00pm – MHS
o Volleyball Vs. Plymouth North – Freshmen – 3:30pm – MHS
o Boys Soccer Vs. West Bridgewater – Varsity – 4:00pm – Field of Dreams
o Boys Soccer Vs. West Bridgewater – JV – 3:30pm – Field of Dreams
o Football Vs. Apponequet – Varsity – 4:00pm – Battis Field
· Saturday, September 7
o Football Vs. Apponquet – JV – 10:00am – Battis Field
· Good luck to all our teams who will open their season away this week!