Why do we eat breakfast?
The needs of ENERGY!
- People's energy needs vary depending on activity levels and life stage but typically men require more energy than women. Growing children require a lot of energy, as an example boys aged 7-10 yrs should consume approx. 1970 kcals per day, and girls aged 7-10 yrs should consume approx. 1740 calories . For adults, men require approx. 2500 calories and women require approx. 2000 calories per day.
Above are some of my favorite breakfast foods!
Why should you eat breakfast?
- Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Breakfast provides you with the energy and nutrients that lead to increased concentration in the classroom.
- Studies show that breakfast can be important in maintaining a healthy body weight.
- Hunger sets in long before it's time for lunch, but because it's not convenient to eat properly, many people who have not eaten breakfast snack on foods that are high in fat and sugar.
- People who skip breakfast are unlikely to make up their daily requirement for some vitamins and minerals that a simple breakfast would have provided.
- Breakfast provides energy for the activities during the morning and helps to prevent that mid-morning slump.