Do you Know About Fracking?
How much do you know about shale gas?
Three Different Dates:
Wednesday, July 30th, 6-9:30pm
First Unitarian Society of Denver, Denver, CO, United States
August 30th 2014 6:30pm-7:30pm First Unitarian Society of Denver
1400 Lafayette St Denver, CO
September 20th 2014 10:30am-11:30am The Police Protective Association
2105 Decatur St Denver, CO 80211
- Natural gas is a clean, abundant, and a domestic energy source.
- Has created 2.8 million American jobs, 137,000 of them in Colorado.
- There have been over 1,000 documented cases of water contamination next to areas of gas drilling.
- It takes 1-8 million gallons of water to complete each fracturing job.
- Since the 19th century it was known about the existence of oil and gas in the shale deposits.
- To date, more than 1.2 million wells have been fracked.
- The first, experimental use of hydraulic fracturing was in 1947, and the first, commercially successful applications of fracking were in 1949.