The Warwick Weekly
Respect - Responsibility - Cooperation - Excellence
Wednesday, December 23, 2015
Wonderful Moments From Yesterday's Assembly
We were so excited to share our love of great literature with Dr. Weitzel yesterday afternoon. Our staff transformed the gym into the Polar Express, complete with a warm fire, a cozy chair, and pajamas all around. The staff also presented Dr. Weitzel with his own special bell, signifying his continued belief in the importance of education and our district.
Thank you, Dr. Weitzel!!
*Photos compliments of Mrs. Albor - thank you Mrs. Albor - great shots!!
2016 U-G-L-Y Sweater Results!
Ugliest Individual Sweater: Mrs. Martin! YIKES!!
Most Creative: Mrs. Kazatsky
Ugliest Handmade: Mr. Heine (and you should see the back!)
Most Coordinated Team: Office
Ugliest Non-Holiday Sweater: Mr. Fillette
So bad, we couldn't even take a photo of it . . . . .
Reminder: Volunteer Paperwork is Required
All Central Bucks School District Volunteers play a vital role in supporting the staff, students and programs of our schools in the Central Bucks School District. Thank you for your interest in volunteering at CBSD!
Pennsylvania law requires all persons having direct contact with school children obtain background checks and clearances. While the law allows until July 1, 2016 to obtain these documents, Central Bucks School District is asking volunteers to comply with submitting their clearances prior to volunteering during the 2015-2016 school year, as this is in the best interest of the safety and security of our students. Required clearances along with links to the state’s websites are listed below.
Under Pennsylvania law, any person having direct contact with school children is considered a mandatory reporter and is required to report reasonable suspicion of child abuse. As a CBSD volunteer, you are a mandatory reporter and must complete SafeSchools training. See below for additional information.
VOLUNTEER INFORMATION / WEBSITE LINKS / FAQs
Required Clearances/Paperwork – links to the state’s websites are below. Please see the helpful hints next to each link.
1. PA State Police Criminal Background Check - Click the control number to view your results. Click the "Certification Form" link in the center of the page to view, save and print your official certificate.
2. PA Child Abuse History Certification - Click "Create Individual Account". The Keystone Key is a user name you create. Follow the site's step-by-step instructions for creating a password. Be sure to keep a record of your Keystone Key and Password as you will need them to access your results. You will receive an email from the site when your results are available, within 14 days of submission.
3. FBI Fingerprinting (2 Options) - If you have been a Pennsylvania resident less than 10 consecutive years, you must complete the fingerprinting process. Register online on the Cogent site; complete the registration form choosing "School Districts" as the Reason Code. You must register through the Cogent PA Dept of Education site, not the PA Dept of Human Services or PA Dept of Public Welfare.Or, if you have been a Pennsylvania resident for the past 10 consecutive years, you may submit the Volunteer Affidavit in place of fingerprinting. The affidavit must be notarized (notary services are available at the Administrative Services Center) and the original affidavit must be on file in the HR Office.
4. Volunteer Agreement - Please be sure to include the names of the schools/buildings where you will be volunteering.- See more at: http://www.cbsd.org/volunteers#sthash.KmzWSumF.dpuf
Annual Giving Project Update!
A Note of Thanks from Christ's Home
K-12 Super STEAM event, January 2 & 3 at The Greater Philadelphia Expo Center in Oaks, PA!
Hi everyone. Mr. Fillette here. Below is some information about an awesome event involving 5th and 6th grade Warwick PEN students. Come on out with your families and stop by our exhibit on colonizing Mars. Ticket information is listed below:
Warwick Elementary PEN students will be participating at the Young Innovators Fair, a K-12 Super STEAM event coming to the Philly region for two days only - January 2-3, 2016 at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center in Oaks, PA. Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math innovators, ages 5-18, will be inspired by mind-blowing exhibits, hands-on attractions, and live entertainment across ten STEAM-inspired Innovation Worlds.
Over 50 attractions and more than 40 stage acts! Come experience Google virtual reality, meet a leading Khan Academy content creator, mod Minecraft, examine a real triceratops skull, program robots, learn to solder, launch a rocket, get entertained by Kimmel Center performances, and much more!
You can get your tickets at younginnovatorsfair.com and use our group code WARESFIVE to receive $5 off each ticket. A donation will also be made to Warwick Elementary for every ticket purchased using that code.
Congratulations to our December Boomerang Nominees
Michaela C, Emily C, Matt S, Akhand P, Arielle V & Dhaval T.
Boomerang Award Assets 2015-2016
Central Bucks Now Hiring Substitute Teachers
Spanish Classes Coming to Warwick
Follow us on Twitter @
Some tweets from @WarwickPPPRIDE
- Band Practice 8:15
- Holiday Sing-A-Long, 2:15, Gym
December 24-January 3
- Winter Break, Happy Holidays!
- School Resumes
- 3rd Grade Trip to Franklin Institute
- Chess Club, 8:00, Room 16
- PTO Meeting, Time 10:00am
Visit us on the web
Warwick Elementary School
1340 Almshouse Road
Jamison, PA 18929