Community Newsletter School Year 19: Issue 23
We are two weeks into the swing of things and scholars are back in their routine! Schedules are solid, classes are rolling, and CLUBS are FUN! Thank you for supporting the work we do in our schoolhouse!
A few reminders:
- School starts at 8:25 AM and dismisses at 3:25. Breakfast and halls are open beginning at 7:50 AM
- Peeks of the Week are on Twitter and our web site. Teams also send them out via their grade level REMINDS
- Like us on Facebook at @BryanCountyMS
- Baseball Tryouts begin 1/28-- scholars need to sign up in homeroom
- Yearbooks are on sale for $40.00 cash or check. Please drop off your money to Miss Shelby in the front office. Also, 8th grade, we need your baby pictures for our 8th grade celebration! Please bring them labeled in an envelope and drop off to Ms. KP in the ART room!
- 8th grade: Please bring in your baby picture for your 8th grade celebration. Make sure you have it labeled and take to Mrs. KP.
Make it an ELITE week!
Parents! We Need YOU!
- NO School!
- Basketball Tournament
- Possible Basketball
- Possible Basketball
- Semi-Formal Dance: 6:30-8:30 Cost $15.00 for dinner and dance
•Baseball Tryouts 1/28
•Saturday Spectacular- Beginning January 26th -- scholars asked to participate will be notified beginning Friday 1/18
•Kona Ice 1/31
•SPRING MAP testing begins in March
•AdvancED- April 1st
•GMAS testing- begins with 8th grade April 8th
Notes from Ms. Raeburn
Please take the time to take the Georgia school survey by clicking the link above. Your feedback matters and it counts as we work to improve outcomes for our scholars and make our schoolhouse ELITE!
I am working on several student-led projects this semester. I have been in conversations with my Principals Advisory Council as well as some elite scholars to bring back break time at lunch. I will be taking this idea to our leadership team to see if we can make this possible for our scholars. Another amazing plan that was brought to me was to create an outdoor break space with picnic tables, space to play basketball, 4 - square, and other games. I can't wait to begin planning that project. Also, Ms. Meeks' gardening club is renovating the Greenhouse in the back of our school and we are excited about the plants and vegetables that she is going to grow.
I am so proud of our schoolhouse and our scholars and what they have done in the last two years to be a voice, lead positive change, and make our school truly an ELITE place to be!
The peeks of the week are listed under our "weekly updates" tab on our website. We hope you are finding this information helpful in keeping up with the day to day of your child and what they are doing at school.
Other #BeBCMS Nuggets:
I hope you have noticed the posters and visual reminders around our school. E+R=O is a simple skill. The E stands for the event (what happened), the R stands for how you responded (your action) and the O stands for the Outcome (what did you get). We are helping our scholars to think about E+R=O in every situation. Our goal is to help our scholars begin to see and understand that the better their R is, the better their O will be!
PLEASE sign up to use Powerschool. PowerSchool is our grading and information communication system. Sign up is EASY! Stop by the front office and we will get you signed up and get you a login. You can use it on your phone and from an app! Never wonder again about missing work, upcoming work, or grades! It's all at your fingertips in Powerschool!
Thank you for being proactive and for supporting our school and our passion work! I am proud to be your principal and would love to hear from you! Please know that if you have a concern or if you hear something that doesn't feel right, contact me! firstname.lastname@example.org or 912-626-5050 or 912.255.0630 (Cell).
ELITE Level Learning Happens HERE!
Looking for some enrichment for your child? Check out Khan Academy!
Your Administration Tribe
- Ms. Liz Raeburn• Principal• 912•255•0650
- Mr. Abram Scott• Assistant Principal
- Mr. Donny Sikes• Assistant Principal/Athletic Director