Friday Flight Plan
September 3, 2021
- Monday, September 6th - No School - Labor Day
- Tuesday, September 7th - 6th & 7th Grade Boys' Basketball Open Gym at 2:45 - 4:00 pm
- Thursday, September 9th - ESL Graduation at Montgomery Ridge from 6:00 - 7:00 pm
All CGIS events can be accessed via our school website!
A Note from Officer Hall
CGIS Coronavirus Weekly Update
We have made the decision at CGIS to provide information below weekly so each family can know our school wide status and can make the best informed decisions for your children/students as we move through the school year. It is our hope to be transparent with the information we have but at the same time, prioritize our students' need to be educated, connect with one another and support their social and emotional needs as well as depend upon health care providers for health care decisions of staff and students. For more information, refer to MCS District COVID update at the following link: https://www.maryville-schools.org/central-office/coordinated-school-health/2021-22-covid-19
Here is the schoolwide information specific to CGIS for this week:
· Number of reported positive CGIS student cases this week- 6
· Number of reported positive student cases in school at CGIS this week that impacted school attendance of other CGIS students and staff due to close contact tracing (outside of household contacts) - 0
· Number of positive staff cases at CGIS this week that impacted school attendance of other students or staff due to close contact tracing- 0
Clusters identified (two or more students or staff members in one class) and communicated this week- 1- Ms. Linginfelter's HR in 5th grade with two student positives
We are grateful for your support and will certainly be responsive and include more information if there are identified clusters or upticks in our cases at CGIS.
Dr. Ramona Best, Principal
Dr. Best's Launch into the weekend
Our students are shining brightly and we are getting into the groove of our new school year together. Let's continue to build our connectedness this year. Continue to encourage your children/our students to share their needs and any issues that might occur with our staff. We want to know.
Our theme this year is "shine" and I'm providing Shine Challenges to staff and students each week. Next week's shine challenge for you, as parents and guardians, is to make sure you check out and refresh your memory on the various programs that we utilize to keep you informed about your student's progress. The information and list is in another portion of this newsletter but the link is here for your convenience as well. https://cgis.maryville-schools.org/parents-students/tech-support
Always grateful for your partnership,