Staley Band Percussion
Staley Band 2020-2021
Staley Band Families,
We are excited for the upcoming adventure of distance band (we affectionately call these times our 'band-demic'). This information below is all about the start of the school year and includes the link for our first Band Parent Association meeting (for all parents), private lessons, and instrument supplies. As always please let us know if you have any questions.
Mr. Wood, Mrs. Humphreys, Mr. Seymour, and Mr. Martinez
Upcoming Meetings: 2 meetings, 1 hour!
Monday, August 24th: Advanced Band Parent Meeting - 6:30pm 6:55pm on Zoom
Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/92166614177
Zoom ID:921 6661 4177
Is your student in band 4th, 5th or 6th period? This meeting is for you parents!
Monday, August 24th: Band Parent Association Parent Meeting - 7:00pm 7:20pm on Zoom
Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/98304975654
Password:983 0497 5654
This is for all parents! Please join us and learn about our booster club.
Private Lesson Info
Private instruction is a highly encouraged program that supports what your student is doing in the classroom. Private lessons can serve as an advanced program as well as tutorials all in one!
- 22 minute lessons that will occur virtually regardless if the student chose virtual FISD school or face-to-face FISD school.
- The instructors are highly qualified professionals that have anywhere from 1-3 degrees in performance on their instrument.
- Background checked, finger printed and approved instructors through Frisco ISD
- $20 per week and paid directly to the instructor.
- There is some scholarship money available on a first-come first-served basis so please reach out if you would like more information.
Getting an Instrument & Supplies
Band is one of the most active organizations on campus. While this year will look different than any other, we still hope to have some amazing socials and events at some point. Aside from instrument costs below is a breakdown of other expenses so you can begin to plan accordingly.
Band Fee- $0 This fee is usually about $30 ($15 f/r ) and is used to help offset the cost of materials, contests, and other events throughout the year. With so many question marks about the upcoming year we decided to go with a 'pay as you go' model. Send no money at this time!
Uniform- $0 We will not collect any money for t-shirts or polos until we know when our first 'official' performance is.
Band Parent Association Membership- $10 This optional fee is to join our band booster club. The Staley Middle School Band Parent Association (SMSBPA) is the primary reason we can stay so active. Please consider not only joining, but volunteering!
School Owned Instrument Fee-$100 ($50 f/r) This is only for students using a school owned instrument. We will discuss this fee towards the end of the first grading cycle- there is no need to send any money now.
Director Contact Information
Mr. Seymour- Percussion Director- firstname.lastname@example.org
- All levels of percussion at both Staley and Memorial High School
Mr. Chad Wood- Director of Bands: email@example.com
- Beginning Trumpet, Horn, Trombone, Euphonium, & Tuba
- Symphonic Band (Band A on 8th grade schedules)
- Brass Band (Band C on 7th grade schedules)
- Any general questions about band, the BPA, or financial aid
Mrs. Samantha Humphreys- Assistant Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note this email address will be changing soon as 'Ms. Hoffman' was married this summer!
- Beginning Flute, Oboe, Bassoon, Clarinet, & Saxophone
- Woodwind Band (Band B on 7th grade schedules)
- Any questions about private lessons, weekly newsletter items, and canvas