November 19, 2021
In this Issue:
- A Message from Marcie
- Progress Reports Now Available
- Operation Snowflake
- Lost and Found
- South Park’s Winter Holiday Showcase - Last Chance!
- COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic Registration
- SHIELD Testing Update
- 2022-23 Calendar Approved
Don't miss the PTO Spotlight!
- Feeling generous? Support a family in need!
- Gratitude Generation -Sign up to Volunteer Dec 11th
- Winter Enrichment Sign up
- Fun Lunch Volunteering - NEW dates available
- Winter Gear Drive - Bring items now until winter break
- Cute pictures? Send to the Yearbook!
A Message from Marcie
Hello, South Park!
As we head into the extended Thanksgiving Break, I want to take a moment to wish all of the South Park families, students, and staff a Happy Thanksgiving! I am grateful to be surrounded by such a supportive school community and hope you all find time to relax over the Thanksgiving break. As we continue inching our way toward normalcy in our daily lives, I encourage everyone to continue maintaining any necessary mitigations throughout the Thanksgiving holiday to keep their families and our South Park community safe!
For any students who will be absent on Monday, November 22nd or after the Thanksgiving holiday break, please contact Nora Moskos (firstname.lastname@example.org) to let her know. A reminder that Tuesday is a non-attendance day for students.
Enjoy the weekend and we look forward to seeing you virtually for parent-teacher conferences next week!
Progress Reports Now Available
South Park is participating in Operation Snowflake, a gift-giving campaign, created by students at our neighboring school, Wilmot. We want to help make sure that local families with students in all Deerfield schools have something special to unwrap and enjoy during the holidays. You can help by donating gifts to children and families in our community.
Here's how it works:
- Click the button below to see the list of requested holiday gifts using SignUp Genius. (This list will continue to grow so please check back frequently to see what else is needed/wanted).
- Select the gift(s) that you would like to purchase.
- Each gift has a unique code to ensure that this is an anonymous process (e.g. Mittens A, Gingerbread C).
- Drop off your purchased items to South Park any weekday between 8:00-4:00, from November 17-December 6. Please make sure you label the gift with the name and number that corresponds to the SignUp Genius! (Mittens A)
- Please do not wrap gifts.
- If you need to make alternate arrangements for gift drop-off, please contact Dr. Faust (email@example.com).
- Gifts will be distributed starting the week of December 13.
- If you prefer to not shop for a gift but would still like to participate, feel free to send a gift card (Target, Amazon, etc.).
Our goal is to come together as a community to make everyone’s holiday a little brighter this year! Thank you for your support.
Conferences - November 22nd & 23rd
Parent-teacher conferences will be held via Zoom on Monday, November 22 and Tuesday, November 23. Please CLICK HERE to sign up for a conference. It's not too late! Zoom links will be provided by your child's teacher.
Conferences are a discussion between parents and teachers. At this time, elementary conferences do not include students and therefore we ask that children not attend the parent-teacher conference. We ask that you please find a quiet place for your Zoom conference, without your child.
Lost and Found
South Park’s Winter Holiday Showcase - Last Chance!
COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic Registration
NEWS FROM DISTRICT 109
SHIELD Testing Update
Due to increased testing volume across Illinois, DPS109 now receives SHIELD results within 48 hours. This slower turnaround time impacts our ability to contact families prior to the next school day with results. We ask for your continued partnership in keeping students healthy and in school. Please complete Daily Health Certifications, and make sure your contact information is current in Family Access to help your nurses/staff efficiently make notifications and contact trace.
November 22 - Regular student attendance day and evening conferences for parents and teachers
November 23 - No School, daytime conferences for parents and teachers
November 24-26 - No School - Thanksgiving Break
December 20-31 - No School - Winter Break
January 3 - School Resumes
LOOKING TO OPT OUT OF NEXT WEEK'S SHIELD TESTING?
This opt-out will be for testing on Thursday, December 2nd.
Fill out this Google Form prior to 7 AM on THURSDAY, 12/2.
*Please note that if you have consented but want to opt out of a week, you must fill out the form every week.