Landon's Helping Paws
We are excited to share with you an announcement that has just been formalized! You may recall it's original Press Release in the Lincoln County Journal this past July. We plan to discuss this opportunity in more detail on Monday during our staff meeting as well. At that time, I will share with you a little more about our timeline and plans to integrate Annie into our school community! Please let me know if you have any questions!
Good afternoon Boone Elementary and Lincoln Elementary Parents and Students,
Ms. Annie is finally here. We are excited to inform you, in a collaborative effort between Landon’s Helping Paws, Bright Futures Lincoln County, and the Lincoln County R-III School District. Landon’s Helping Paws will be providing a facility (service) dog to visit and work with the students and staff of both schools. Landon’s Helping Paws has chosen your two very special schools because of the amount of children she will be able to help every single day. Ms. Annie will be chaperoned by two of our specially trained Landon’s Helping Paws Volunteers. Our volunteers will work as a team with the Principals, Teachers, and Counselors of both schools to develop a customized approach for the needs of their student bodies.
What will Ms. Annie be doing?
· Annie will be a friend to every single student. Helping to greet them in the morning and in the hallways. Ms. Annie will be participating in activities such as Character Council, Reading Circle, rewards and recognition, and service projects.
· Annie will be assisting with Social Skills (facilitating social interaction).
· Annie has the capability to assist with Occupational and Physical Therapy.
· Attend Counseling Sessions with individuals and classrooms.
· Annie is so amazing she has even been trained to assist any individual with a disability including physical, sensory, psychiatric, intellectual, or mental disability.
“Meet and Greet Annie Night”
When: Tuesday November 18, 2014
Where: Lincoln and Boone Gymnasium
Time: 6:30-7:30 pm
The Week Ahead...
Friday, November 14
K Late Start
Holder Principal Reads-12:30 pm
Monday, November 17
Voss Morning Announcements
Closed Personal Days
American Education Week
Faculty Meeting @ 7:45 am (PD Plan & IBD Work)
Tuesday, November 18
Mid Quarter Grades Due
Closed Personal Day
3rd and 4th Grade late start
Holly out AM-Pre Board Meeting
2nd & 5th grade PAC lunch
Lincoln Event Night-More Info to Follow 6:30-7:30 pm
Wednesday, November 19
Department Head Meeting @ 7:45 am
Progress Reports E-Mailed Home
1st & 4th late PAC lunch
Early Release- PLC
Thursday, November 20
Muffins with My Ladies A-L @ 8:00 am
1st and 5th grade late start
Jeff Out Book Study @ 9:00 am
K & 3rd PAC Lunch
Read, right, and run 3:45 pm
Movie Night @ 6:00 pm
Friday, November 21
K and 2nd grade late start
Muffins with My Ladies M-Z @ 8:00 am
Click here to recognize someone for displaying excellence! It's everywhere, Shout 'em Out!
Happy Birthday to You :)
- November 14 Chrissy Troutman
- November 19 Lauren McCrory