KeAndre Weekes B2
Main agricultural products grown or harvested
weet potatoes and yams, rice, potatoes, manioc, tomatoes and beans
Native customs and beliefs
- Meals are often served buffet-style.
- Do not begin eating until the host invites you to start.
- When not eating, it is acceptable to keep your hands in your lap.
- Try everything since it demonstrates graciousness.
- Always use utensils to eat.
- It is considered polite to finish everything on your plate.
Christmas dinner is usually a big feast. It includes the traditional jerked or curried chicken and goat, and rice with gungo peas (a round white pea, also called pigeon pea).