GWMS Sunday Message
Week of May 9
- Congratulations to Mr. Seracino and the Jazz Band for their outstanding performance at the Apple Blossom Festival at Shenandoah University on Friday, April 29th. They received 1st place in their category (Class C - middle schools) as well as 1st Place Overall (including middle & high school bands). Well done!
- Teacher Appreciation Week Planning Committee, thank you for all of you help and organization,
- Mr. DeRigge and family for the birth of their daughter.
- Jen Podgorski for completing her Google Teacher Certification. Jen completed her exam this week showing that she is proficient in Google Apps for Education and is skilled in at integrating technology into learning. Great job, Jen! https://edutrainingcenter.withgoogle.com/certification_level1
- Ms. Edmond, Ms. Hall, Ms. King and all teachers who coordinated the World Language International Film Festival. It was an educational and enjoyable experience.
If you'd like to add your own Kudos the link is here.
Now it is time for our PBIS vocabulary game….. WORDS WITH FRACULTY
WORDS WITH FRACULTY! This week’s intellectually snobbish, impractical, obsolete, and vacuous word will be stated on the announcements. Students will be challenged to use the word in its proper context per the appropriate content area to gain prexie love in their classes.
THIS WEEKS WORD: Enigma - a puzzling or inexplicable occurrence or situation
In preparation for the SOL's, all student laptops will be collected on Wednesday, May 11th .
Tuesday, May 10th, 8:45am-3:15pm
1005 Mount Vernon Avenue
SOL Pep Rally
Friday, May 13th, 2:15pm
1005 Mount Vernon Avenue
Mail Chimp has proven to be a great way to keep our GW families in the loop with all of the fantastic things that go on at GWMS. Thank you to everyone for your contributions…..KEEP THEM COMING! You are doing great work with our students and the parental feedback has been overwhelmingly positive.
Continue to send your pictures and short write-ups to Ms. Barnes - email@example.com - to share all the wonderful things going on in your classrooms.
HALLWAY SUPPORT AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Please stand in the middle of the hallways and actively monitor and support students on their way to class. We need to perform as a unified team in this respect. The power of the many is what makes transitions smooth and orderly. Simply put, we cannot do this alone.
There IS Saturday School this Saturday.
Please make sure you fill out the Saturday School referral form and send all work to the 7th grade office for Ms. Benitez to have ready for the students when they check in.
6th Grade Science Fair
Spring Band Concert 7pm
HR Open Enrollment Library
Saturday School 9:00am - 12:00pm