Peter The Great
By: Hunter Sandler
Interested in new technology
Very curious about everything
He had his own way of doing things
- King of rude when it came to other mostly selfish
Founded the capital st petersburg
Really modernized russia
Went to europe to see rulers to become a better one and learned many things from them
Enrolled into the war on sweden
Great initiated the Russo-Turkish war but again was unsuccessful
- introduced a poll tax which unlike previous taxes paid by land and property owners was now paid by paupers and serfs.
Peter the Great died on February the 8th 1725 aged fifty two years. Peter the Great had reigned for forty two years. His body was laid to rest in a tomb in the Peter and Paul Cathedral in St Peters-burg.
- He was 6' 8"
- Taxed people for growing beards
- He was the 14th child
- He had 11 children and many died young
- He got the throne at 15 years old