GRADE 3 NEWSLETTER
Week 16 CHRISTMAS TERM: 07 DECEMBER 2015 - 11 DECEMBER 2015
HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM THE GRADE THREE TEAM
We cannot believe it is the end of Term One. The 17 school weeks have just flown by and we know the children in Grade Three definitely deserve a well-earned rest after what has been a very busy term.
We know the children are ending the term with a variety of new knowledge and enhanced skills that include:
- Gathering information from simple sources
- Researching and recording information about significant people
- Posing questions about topics that help lead to specific research taking place
- Identifying the role of forces on our planet
- Preparing investigations as fair tests
- Identifying and implementing improvements to designs of products
- Counting to 10,000
- Recognizing place values
- Finding missing numbers
- Comparing and ordering numbers
- Solving number patterns.
- Addition within 10,000
- Addition with regrouping
- Subtracting without regrouping
- Subtracting with regrouping
- Mental addition and subtraction
- Solving word problems using the Singapore model method
- Six to nine times tables
- Multiplication one step word problems
- Multiplication without regrouping
- Multiplication with regrouping
- Long division
- Using verbs, nouns, adjectives, punctuation, spelling rules, paragraphing, sentences, phrases in lesson specific and independent writing
- Reading and understanding newspaper articles
- Working more in depth with the construction of characters, settings, plots, and themes in stories
- Working collaboratively to complete challenges involving Rube Goldberg machines or destroying Death Stars
- Gaining a wider appreciation of the Star Wars Universe
- Realizing that the All Black rugby team is without any argument the best rugby team in the world
Like the All Blacks, it has been a mighty term, and we wish all of the Grade Three children a very relaxing and enjoyable holiday with their family and friends. They are definitely going to need to recharge their batteries over the next four weeks in preparation for what we have in store for them over the Easter Term.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
11 January - Start of Easter Term
G2/3 Sports Day will now be on Wednesday March 9th 2016.
Farewell to Ben. We are going to miss your friendly smile.
A lot of learning has been done since this photo was taken.
Farewell to Kate. We are going to miss your sense of humour.