Library media center update for January 2015
Join us for an open house celebration!
Visit the CPMS Professional Library on Wednesday, Feb. 4 or Thursday, Feb. 5 during your prep period or before or after school until 3:20.
Complete the scavenger hunt challenge to earn a JEANS DAY and enjoy some treats and hot chocolate while you check out this new space created just for you.
Once you locate something you want to check out, feel free to call or e-mail Mrs. Kern or Mrs. Bowsher. We will get the item delivered to you, so that you are able to use it right away.
Authors, Authors, Authors
Author of Between Shades of Gray will Skype with students during FIT on Tuesday, Feb. 3!
Author of the Ashfall series will be visiting CPMS on March 19, 2015!
Author of The Giver and many other novels will speak at a free event at Butler University on March 4, 2015.
e-Reading @ CPMS
· Go to the CPMS Destiny home page or get the free OverDrive Media Console App on your device.
· Select the Clark-Pleasant Middle School Library.
· When logging on for teachers and staff, your library card # is your school username and your PIN # cpms.
· Browse or search the ebooks and audiobooks in the collection.
· To check out ebooks-select EPUB edition (for App) or OverDrive Read (for browser).
· If you are using the app, the first time you download a book, you must provide an Adobe ID. If you don’t have one, your device will prompt you through the steps to get one.
· Read your e-books or listen to your audiobooks on your device before they disappear in two weeks.
20 Useful Ways to Use Today's Meet
Today's Meet is a backchannel - a place where conversation behind a conversation can occur. Check out this list of 20 useful ways to use Today's Meet in the classroom. I plan to use it next week with my YHBA club.
Library Stats for December 2014
- 50 classes visited.
- 863 students from homeroom or sent from classes
- Number of students coming to the library each day: 168 students on average
- 2290 books circulated in December
If you've read this far, you deserve a reward! Email Stacey Kern and put in the subject line "Library Stats" and you will receive a small token of my appreciation in your mailbox.
INSPIRE databases update
Governor Pence has asked for the money allocated for INSPIRE be removed from the budget of the state library. That means our students would no longer have access to this authoritative research tool. If you would like information about how to contact the governor or our legislative representatives to voice your concern, talk to me or see the Indiana General Assembly website: https://iga.in.gov/.