To provide superior Career and Technical Education enabling all students to achieve their aspirations.
Special thank you to the schools for successful college and career weeks. These have been place over the last couple weeks and each school has their own unique twist. The key for us is to always emphasize options and reinforce the value of what is being dubbed as the other college. The trades require extensive additional schooling and it really is our obligation to help the greater community realize how #NCCVTWORKS and how we help build the future.
I also want to thank everyone for all of their use of social media. It is incredible to see all the amazing things going on.
1. This month you will see two technology positions posted. These are building tech positions and are open as a result of Ralph's retirement.
2. Kudos to DTHS for a productive board meeting.
Up Ahead: Step UP
1. This week we are starting our assistant principal professional learning series, Step Up. One of the greatest contributions a leader can make is investing in the people within the organization. This program is designed to empower those with some of the most difficult jobs in our system. One goal of mine is for our system to be a national model of organizational excellence. This quest begins with the never ending journey of constant and ongoing improvement.
Take the Time to Climb: Principle L- Leadership
“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”
-John Quincy Adams
One of our leadership principles is to anticipate the needs of others...Do you have an example of how you resolved an issue, small or large, simple or complicated, that anticipated someone's need and embodied the spirit of this principle?
District Open House - November 3
- Monthly Cabinet Team Meeting - November 4
- NCCVTEA Liaison Meeting - November 4
- Nemours Health Equity Consortium (NHEC) Quarterly Meeting - November 6
- ASCD Conference
- WCAC Performance Measurement Working Group - November 8
- Veteran’s Day (Schools & Offices Closed) - November 11