Living the message behind Thundercat P.R.I.D.E.
Student Picture Day is coming! Photo Texas will be on campus on Wednesday, November 18 to take student photos. Attached are complete details regarding purchasing photos.
If your student is FACE TO FACE - All face to face students will have the opportunity to take their 2020-2021 picture on campus during class.
If your student is ONLINE - Online students should come to RTMS during the following times:
· 8-9 a.m. (before instruction begins)
· 12:30-1:30 p.m. (lunch break)
· 2:30-3:45 p.m.
Online students reporting to campus should complete the health screening and must only enter the building through the gym. Student temperatures will be taken at the gym doors.
If you would like to order photos, please click on this link and follow the directions. Prepaid ordering is now open. It will also be available for one week after picture day.
Smile and say, "Go Thundercats!"
RTMS Quarantine Plan
RTMS Parent Information
RTMS STUDENT ABSENCES DUE TO COVID OR QUARANTINE
Possible Quarantine Scenarios:
1. Student is exposed or tests positive, parent contacts school and student goes into quarantine. Student immediately goes on “on-line Classroom Guest” status.
2. Student assessed by school nurse/clinic, has symptoms consistent with COVID and is sent home. The student has three days to obtain a doctor’s note with a diagnosis.
a. Obtains a written diagnosis from the doctor:
· Positive for COVID – contact tracing occurs and the student does not return to school.
· Negative for COVID – student returns to school after three days.
b. Student does not go to the doctor for a medical diagnosis:
· Student will be quarantined for 10-14 days.
· Student will become a “Classroom Guest” at day four.
Work Flow Steps for COVID:
1. If the student will be out for more than three days, the student will become a “Classroom Guest.” To maintain Schoology systems, the student will receive links to an online teacher while out. However, they will continue to do the work of their F2F teacher. Please allow 24 hours for the link to be sent.
2. Grade Level -AP will follow-up to ensure the student received links as a “Classroom Guest.”
3. Grade Level- Counselor will notify teachers when the student is expected back on campus to resume regular F2F instruction.
**Classroom Guest – term for new online learners who transitioned to online learning from F2F due to quarantine or medical reason.
FREE Student Meals
Free student meals will continue throughout the school year for all students. Students will only need to go through the cafeteria line during breakfast and lunch, and FBISD students enrolled in online learning may receive meals at any of the ten Grab and Go locations, located across the District. Children not enrolled in FBISD may also receive meals at Grab and Go locations. There is no further action required of parents for students enrolled in face-to-face instruction. Free meals include the complete, packaged breakfast and lunch meal, and a la carte items are available for sale. Parents must complete the Free & Reduced Price Meals Application to receive additional benefits.
Please refer staff and parents to the FBISD website for more information.
Toys for Tots
A/B November Schedule
The RTMS yearbooks are on sale for $45 at https://www.balfour.com/student-info?smi=135038
The deadline to purchase is January 2021 !
8th grade parents: Purchase an ad for your student for $50! Once you have filled out the necessary information on the link above, click on 1/8 Page Ad – Create online.
Please see the Library Programming Menu for next week and encourage your students to participate in what interests them.
Our virtual book fair is coming soon- It will start to Monday after Thanksgiving, so please keep us in mind if you need any books for holiday gifts, or if your kiddo just likes to read.
https://cdn.brandfolder.io/9PA1UQVX/as/qal6iz-4udgfc-euu8og/Middle_School_Flyer.pdf (book flyer English)
https://cdn.brandfolder.io/9PA1UQVX/as/qdmkyt-5x17tk-9tq0um/MS_Spanish_Flyer.pdf (book flyer Spanish)
I am not sure if it will let you shop early, but here is the link to the fair: https://efairs.follettbookfairs.com/guest/home?classCode=Z348G
All profits earned will go toward replacing books that were lost during the face-to-face shut down last spring due to COVID.