The Fort Report
November 19, 2021 - Thanksgiving Break Edition
Dear Fort Daniel Parents,
It was wonderful to see many of you over the last few weeks during Fun Run events and activities. Many thanks to our amazing Fort Daniel Elementary PTA Executive Board for organizing a successful Fun Run Fundraiser and awesome prizes for our students. Many thanks for keeping this tradition going this year. Thank you to FDES parents and the entire Dacula Community for making us SHINE SO BRIGHT! Have a wonderful and Happy Thanksgiving break!
Enjoy Fun Run Pictures Below Under PTA!
Proud to be your principal,
Monster Bash Scenes - PTA Fun Run Prize Celebration!
Limo Ride to Menchies with Dr. Tucker - PTA Fun Run Prize Celebration!
Mr. Washington was our top earner for the PTA Fun Run Fundraiser and had the privilege of serving as Principal for the Day. He met with teachers, custodians and cafeteria workers. He also visited classrooms but what he enjoyed most of all was talking on the walkie! Mr. Washington declared that all students get 5 additional minutes of recess Thursday. Thank You Principal Washington!
FDES Turkey Trot - Thanks Coach G for a great event for students and families!
Congratulations to Our Girl Winners : Jaliyah J. (1st Place) Kathryn S. (2nd Place) Joy D. (3rd Place)
Congratulations to Our Boy Winners: Alejandro F. (1st) Aiden S. (2nd) Edward I. (3rd)
Mayor Trey King of Dacula Visited Our Lego League (Lead by Ms. Martinez) to listen to their idea for a parking garage and to view the model developed by the students. FDES' Community Connections!
Principal for the Day - Ms. Spain (Gwinnett Church) Shadowed Dr. Tucker! FDES' Community Connections!
Talking with Dr. Tucker: Hosted by the Fort Daniel Local School Council and PTA - Please plan to join us via zoom!
Welcome! Parent Lunch Visitors Beginning Nov. 29th (Limited Capacity)
- We have one table designated for parents. Once that table is full, additional parents may not enter. They may select a different day or eat at the outdoor patio.
- We will only be able to accommodate one guest per student (no siblings or additional guests).
- Visitors will need to leave campus at the conclusion of the lunch period so that we are maintaining safety.
- Visitors must be listed on the student's contact list.
- Visitors may not follow students to the playground.
- When your student's class is dismissed to line up, your student must also dismiss
- Teachers will be busy supervising their classes at the conclusion of lunch and will not have time to conference when picking up their students. Please be sure to reach out to the teacher to schedule a time to talk.
We will continue to offer parents the opportunity to visit for lunch as long as we are safely able to do so. We will continue to follow safety guidance as usual. We look forward to seeing you! ~Thank You!