Mrs. Koontz's Newsletter
October 12, 2015
- School fees are $6.00. Please make all checks out to SFL.
- If you have any extra containers of disinfecting wipes, we would be very happy to have them. We go through them very quickly.
- Please, please make sure your child has a supply of pencils, dry erase markers (black works best), and a sock to remove dry erase marker. I have almost depleted my supply of dry erase markers for the year. Thank you.
- I will send another sign up genius this week for parent/teacher conference sign ups. Conferences will be held the week of November 2. Students do not have school on the 2nd and 3rd of November. Please note, we cannot hold conferences on November 3 as we will be off campus for professional development.
- If your child has an extra pair of ear buds, it might be a good idea to keep them in their backpack in a zipped bag. Students go to the computer lab with both Ms Bruening and myself each week and our headphone supply in the lab is dwindling.
All MCS students will take a benchmark assessment this week. This is just a measure to see how MCS students are progressing toward mastery of standards. It will not count towards your child's grade and you will not receive any information regarding their score. Again, it is just a county measure. We use it as a diagnostic tool for what we need to review with students.
If you are looking for ways to help at home, a review of math facts (addition, subtraction, and multiplication) would be very helpful. In addition, your child has an account on www.xtramath.org. Their PIN should be in the front of their agenda. This website provides an excellent and short math fact practice that is on your child's current level.
I am also keeping the video attachment below so you can refer to it if you have any questions about how to navigate the website. If you have not already done so, I strongly recommend you check this video out if you. If you cannot access this video, it the address is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT_uMvtIYhQ
We will have a Math Night in November that I strongly suggest you attend if you can. We will walk through EngageNY and help you with resources.
October 12 - Literacy Night at SFL (sign up page went home last week)October 16 - Early Release for students (Np After School Care)
October 23 - SFL's Fall Festival (reschedule from September) (5:30 - 8:00)
November 2 - No school for students due to parent/teacher conferences
November 3 - No school for students due to MCS professional development