Buffalo Family Bulletin
Connect with Us
- School website: http://blackshear.kleinisd.net/
- Follow us on Twitter: @BlackshearKISD
- Follow our school hashtag: #HaveUHerdKISD
- Follow us on Facebook
- View a full catalog of our online flyers on the Blackshear Peachjar page
- Have you ever wondered about our school procedures? Click here for a parent reference guide.
News and Reminders
- In an effort to improve safety and security, Klein ISD is now requiring all students who are sent home from the clinic to be signed out in the front office. Thank you for your cooperation with this new procedure.
- We have had some parents ask questions about why their students' faces are blurred or have emojis over them when we post on Facebook, and this has to do with the photo permissions that parents/guardians completed at the beginning of the year in Skyward. If you would like your student to be able to be featured on our social media pages, this requires the "Public" permission box to be checked. If you would like to update your permissions, you can always contact the front office.
- In December we donated over 100 items from our Lost and Found to TEAM. Before boxing items up for donation, we checked for student names and returned all marked items to their owners. Please ensure that your last name is inside student lunch boxes and jackets so that they can be returned if they are misplaced.
- Please RSVP for our Valentine's Day party! The RSVP closes on Friday 2/8. Please complete a separate RSVP for each adult who will be in attendance.
- Peach Jar: Please make sure that you are receiving electronic flyers, as that is our sole source of communication this year in order to reduce cost associated with paper flyers. If you are not currently receiving them, visit their website and sign up manually. You can also opt out of certain types of flyers to lesson the number coming to your inbox. We suggest you at least accept school and PTO flyers so that you don't miss any important news.
- Lunch menus: Can be found on this website which is updated monthly
- We are still in need of parent volunteers for Family Heritage Day on February 15th from 7:45-12:30! Please click on the Counselor's Corner newsletter below for more information and to sign up!
- Absences: Please remember to send a parent or doctor's excuse note within 3 days of your student returning from an absence.
- Order your Field Day shirts between February 11 and March 17th! https://kleinisd.schoolcashonline.com/fee/details/19972/27/false/true
Please check school website for additional dates; dates are subject to change
- 2/1 - Skate Champions spirit night (5-9 p.m.)
- 2/4 - 100th day of school!
- 2/5 - Progress Reports
- 2/6 - PTO McDonald's Spirit Night (5-8 p.m.)
- 2/11-2/15 - Teddy Bear Drive to benefit the Joe Joe Bear Foundation (information coming soon)
- 2/13 - PTO Pastries with Parents
- 2/14 - Valentine's Day Parties (morning Pre-K and EC 10 a.m., all other grade levels 2:00 p.m.). See RSVP linked above.
- 2/15 - Family Heritage Day
- 2/18 - Student Holiday (Teacher Professional Development)
- 2/22 - Go Texan Day (information to follow)
- 2/28 - Science Night! (6:00-7:30 p.m.)
- 3/1 - German Fest (5-8 p.m.) - Our choir is performing!
State Assessment Dates - Please plan around these dates when scheduling advance appointments.
4/9 - 4th Writing, 5th Math
4/10 - 5th Reading
5/13 - 3-4 Math, 5th Math Retest
5/14 - 3-4 Reading, 5th Reading Retest
5/15 - 5th Science
5/16 - Makeups
Blackshear will be a closed campus (including volunteers and lunch visitors) on state testing dates.
Fortitudo celebrated our first house points win for the 2nd quarter!
Fortitudo means "courage" = Try new things!
Mrs. Perez and Mrs. Crawford attended a cafeteria food tasting event at Klein Oak
1st Graders studying magnetism
Perfect Attendance bike winners!
Library Makerspace kicked off last week!
We have not yet received and inventoried all of our cool materials through the grant, so this first week has been a "lighter" version in order to introduce our students to the station rotation format for Makerspace. It has been fun and successful!
This money will create a large magnetic wall and multiple STEM activities as part of our library makerspace!