Fox Monthly News Brief
- June 5 - 6th grade field trip Portland Bridge Tour
June 6 - 2nd grade field trip to Forestry Center
June 6 - 3rd grade Wax Museum - Gym 12:30-2pm
June 6 - Celebration of Learning/ Multicultural Night 6-7:30 pm
June 7 - Field Day
June 10 - 14 - Spirit Week
- June 11 - Talent Show & Arts Day
- June 12 - 6th Grade Celebration 1:00 ** One event only!**
- June 14 - 6th grade picnic (students only) - Dogwood Park
- June 14 - Last Day for Students (full day)
A letter from the Principal
I am looking forward to our Celebration of Learning on Thursday, June 6 from 6:00-7:30 pm. Classrooms will be open for families to view student projects, we will have community resources available, and we will have cultural displays. Even our 6th grade Band will perform! During the evening, our PTO and PAC are coordinating a Culture Fair - if you would like to represent your cultural heritage with a display or activity, please contact Sara Santiago here at school.
Friday, June 7 is our annual Field Day. Students will participate in activities outside, weather permitting.
- 8:00-9:00... Kindergarten, First Grades, SCC
- 9:00-10:00...Second Grades, 3rd Grades
- 10:00-11:00... Fourth Grades,
- 11:00-12:00...5th grades
- LUNCH BREAK
- 1:00-2:00...6th grades
We need as many people as possible to help monitor and implement these activities - If you are available to support by running a field day station, please contact Mr. Waterman at WatermaD@hsd.k12.or.us.
Arts Day and Talent Show
In conjunction with our Talent Show, we will have an “Arts Day” on June 11. The day will culminate with our Talent Show assembly from 1:00-2:00.
Classroom teachers will each propose a one-hour art lesson/project to teach in the classroom - if you are available to help with this activity, please reach out to your child's teacher.
The day will culminate with our Talent Show. If your child is a featured performer, you are welcome to attend!
2019-2020 Classroom Staffing Announced
I am pleased to announce the following classroom positions for next year:
- Kindergarten - Stephanie Wilkerson & Isabel Flores (Dual Language)
- Grade 1 - Molly Scott & Itzia Mendoza (Dual Language)
- Grade 2 - Noor Makboul & Leslie Alvarado (Dual Language)
- Grade 3 - Kelly Rooke & Rebecca Hoppen (Dual Language)
- Grade 4 - Pam Thorpe & Kerensa Schantz (Dual Language)
- Grade 5 - Nick Kish
- Grade 5/6 - Dual language side-by-side model Katy Washington(English) & Ada Armenta (Spanish)
- Grade 6 - Cary Davis
Because of budget cuts, we have had to restructure our Dual Language program, most notably in our 5th and 6th grades. Students will still continue to receive instruction in each language with their grade level classmates, however, the two teachers will trade off mid-day.
Also, due to budget cuts we have had to reduce some staffing:
- Karen Guzman-Cruz is reassigned to Brown Middle school as a Special Education Assistant
- Shelley Malmgren is reassigned to Glencoe High School as a Special Education Assistant
- Kaylee Aman has been reassigned to Brookwood Elementary as a Kindergarten Teacher
- LauraLee Sheller has been reassigned .5 here at Free Orchards and .5 at Reedville Elementary
- Dan Waterman will teach here at Free Orchards for 4 days per week; will work 1 day per week at Glencoe High School as a Special Education Teacher.
- Aprille Taylor has been reassigned as a Special Education teacher to Jackson/Brookwood/& Butternut Elementaries
Finally, our kitchen manager Sina Hirning is retiring.