Pakistan; and the Bangladesh war

Addison Metcalf

Fighting for independence

Tensions between West and East Pakistan are continuing to build in ways of both political and religious. West Pakistan is a strict Islam only country, and east Pakistan is demanding independence from them. The east is based on Muslims, Hindus, Christians, Buddhists, and animists, who are joined together by a common culture and language. The solution for all of this madness...War?

Culture of Pakistani

Pakistani culture

The only official language of Pakistan is Urdu. Islam is practiced by majority of Pakistanis and governs their personal, economical, political, and legal lives. Numerous ethnic groups make up Pakistan, including the Punjabis, Kashmiris, Sindhis, Muhajirs, and Makrani. Islam was originally the primary ethnic group. The Muslim holy day is Friday and everything is closed there. Among certain obligations for Muslims, they are to pray five times a day and during the holy month of Ramadan, all Muslims must fast from dawn to dusk and can only work six hours per day. Their culture is very rich. While Pakistan was originally only Islamic, Bangladesh on the other handwas many different cultures united by a common language.

http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org

Geography

Pakistan is located in Southern Asia and borders Afghanistan.the Capitol of Pakistan is Islamabad, and the population is 196,174,380. The percentage of religion is Muslim 97%(including Sunni and Shi'a), the other 3% is made up of Christian, Hindu, and others.

http://www.commisceo-global.com/

Big image

Government

"In 1974 colonial power Britain withdrew from subcontinent, governed by Islamabad." March 25th Pakistani troops launched the operation searchlight campaign to deter Bangladesh from seeking independence. The war ends on December 16th, India invaded the country to help vanquish Pakistani forces. From the Dhaka 195 government officers were killed. Ali speaks about the day the war ended and the pride endured from this. Mr.Asad cried because all of the country's hard work paid off in the end.

http://www.arabnews.com/news/458077

Effect on others

The country was left with severe political exclusion as well as ethnic and linguistic discrimination and civil disobedience after Bangladesh achieved independence. A disconnection was strong for many years due to the scatter of people all over the place. Their lack of experience on running a government effectively showed. This war is known as one of the world's largest genocides, it left many scarred. Although Bangladesh accomplished freedom from Pakistan, it cam with many sacrifices. They will never forget what harsh things they believed they must due to break away from Pakistan.

https://www.quora.com