Wounds and how to treat them
An abrasion is a wound caused by superficial damage to the skin.
A deep cut or tear in the skin.
-Also has jagged edges
A cut in your skin.
Caused by an object piercing through your skin.
-Very serious if an object hits the bone and gets bacteria inside of it.
A serious soft tissue injury.
-skin torn from body
How to stop a wound from bleeding
- Wash your hands
- Stop the bleeding
- Clean the wound
- Apply an antibiotic
- Cover the wound
- Change the dressing
- Get stitches if its a deep wound
- Watch for signs of infection
When are stitches necessary?
Stitches are necessary if the wound is deep and wide.
- If the wound is very wide then you probably need stitches
- Also if its very deep you would need stitches.
Signs of wound infection
- If the wound is draining pus
- Skin around wound is red and swollen