Walt Whitman Elementary
Weekly Communicator 5/2/2016 to 5/2/2016
- WELCOME BACK MS. RODRIGUEZ!!!!!!! We are so happy you're well and back for our last couple of weeks!
- Happy Teacher Appreciation Week!!!!
- All OCCT Testing is complete and turned in!!!!
- Thank you all staff who stepped in to help cover on Friday with so many teachers out; You are greatly appreciated!!!!
Baby Hornet Happenings
2. We will have a staff meeting in the library on Monday, May 2 at 3:15.
3. The MAP/MPG window opened on Monday, April 25th and closes on Friday, May 13th. It is our goal that 100% of our students in grades K-3rd and probationary 4th graders are assessed during this window.
4. We will have PLC's this week. Please bring a laptop or Chromebook with you.
5. Science Explorers is here Monday-Thursday of this week. Please refer to the email from Ms. Schnuck last week for additional information.
6. Dr. Gist will be in the building this Thursday, May 5th. Please be prepared to receive her and any other visitors that are with her.
7. JA in a Day will be this Friday, May 6th. Please be prepared to stay with your volunteer while they facilitate the lessons.
8. The SRI/SMI window opens Monday, May 2nd and closes Tuesday, May 17th. Please work to ensure all students in grades 3-6 are tested. 2nd grade students must take the SRI during this window as well.
9. 6th grade students will be attending the Langston Field Trip on Friday, May 6th.
10. The last day of the after school program is Thursday, May 5th.
11. 4th grade students will attend the final Any Given Child field trip for the year on Monday, May 2nd.