Students can use Google News to:
- Compare and contrast current events from a variety of sources.
- Find primary documents related to historical events over the past 200 years.
- Access the news from their mobile phones – no computer lab required.
Teachers can use Google News to:
- Customize their front page to stay informed on topics they teach.
- Quickly show students how to examine bias and reliability in the news.
Here's some ideas.....
Middle School . Have students compare and contrast articles on a single event from different sources, such as the The New York Times, The Guardian Unlimited in the UK, and The People’s Daily Online in China.
High School . In foreign language classes, start each day reading aloud or translating a top news story from an appropriate foreign news source.