GKHS Counseling Digest
Staying Connected to Your Support Network
Your Counseling Team
Danielle Melvin (A-Col), firstname.lastname@example.org
Brad Hostak (Com-Gra), email@example.com
Megan Wardle (Gre-La), firstname.lastname@example.org
Jennie Colgan (Le-Pam), email@example.comJodi Greyeyes (Pan-Sol), firstname.lastname@example.org
Mike Stallman (Som-Z), email@example.com
Katie Kimball, Social Worker, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kelly Woyak, Career Specialist, email@example.com
Emmalee Kronoff, Career Counselor, firstname.lastname@example.org
In this issue...
- Job Opportunities
- Army Info Sessions
- Late AP Testing
- Apprenticeship Info
- Staying Connected
Concrete Technology Corporation is now hiring!
We are looking for over 30 General Laborers to join our family (Union job), and also have a Maintenance Electrician position we would like to fill soon.
Please find attached the job descriptions and share with whomever would be interested.
Applications are submitted through our website and resumes are required: https://concretetech.bamboohr.com/jobs/
Please reach out to me if you have any question, concerns or need more details.
Human Resources Generalist/Recruiter
Concrete Technology Corporation
Operation CALL TO SERVICE!
To get in touch: SFC Juarez
Call or Text: 253-988-2484
Website: Station google page
$$$ Elizabeth Wesley Incentive Award $$$
An exciting award is available to 9th, 10th, and, 11th-grade students called the Elizabeth Wesley Youth Merit Incentive Award. Information and application details are outlined below.
- Qualifying Cumulative GPA is 2.5
- Must be African American 9th, 10th, or 11th-grade student in the following Tacoma/Pierce County school districts- University Place, Tacoma, Clover Park, Franklin Pierce, Puyallup, Bethel and Steilacoom
The Incentive Award
- Students who are awarded will receive a check for $350 at our annual awards ceremony in September 2020! *
3) Ways to apply: All applications are due by midnight on June 30th!
- Go to https://www.ewesleyaward.org/ then “How to apply” and go to the new electronic application/ “On-line Application” Your essay and letters of recommendation will need to be ready to attach. You will not be able to re-enter the application once you start.
- Go to https://www.ewesleyaward.org/ then “How to apply” and print a paper application
- Get a paper application from your school or a community person,
Career & Technical Scholarship - Apply Now!
What: Apply now for the Career and Technical Scholarship provided by the Washington State Opportunity Scholarship program! The Career and Technical Scholarship (CTS) provides Washington state residents with $1,500 per quarter towards an eligible associate degree, certificate or apprenticeship in a trade, STEM or health care field. Funding can be used at any Washington state community or technical college and can be used to cover tuition, fees and other costs of attendance such as housing, transportation, food and more. Visit www.waopportunityscholarship.org to learn more!
When: Complete the short online CTS application between April 6 and June 4, 2020.
Who: High school seniors or matriculated students who earned their diploma or GED in the state of Washington. Explore eligibility criteria through the CTS website.
Amount: Receive up to $1,500 each quarter for the duration of their associate degree, certificate or apprenticeship program. These scholarship funds are flexible and can be used to cover tuition, fees and other costs of attendance such as housing, transportation, food and more
Deadline: Midnight, June 4, 2020
Interested in Apprenticeship?
LiUNA invites you to the Virtual Career Spotlight: Northwest Laborers Apprenticeship meeting. Join us for an introductory webinar on the Northwest Laborers Apprenticeship Program!
We have two different dates that this will be available. Please sign up for whichever one is most convenient for you!
See you then!
When: Jun 4, 2020 02:00 PM PST
Register in advance for this meeting:
When: Jun 9, 2020 06:30 PM PST
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
22323 Pacific Hwy. S.
Des Moines, WA 98198
Still need to AP Test?
Below is a calendar to upcoming test dates and times.
Here is a link to a video created by AP teachers for all AP students: https://youtu.be/A4rEjlzENdk
LATE TESTING DATES
Mon. June 1: AP US Government 9:00 AM
Mon. June 1: AP Calculus: 1:00 PM
Tues. June 2: AP English Literature: 9:00 AM
Tues. June 2: AP Physics: 11:00 AM
Tues. June 2: AP Chemistry: 1:00 PM
Wed. June 3: AP US History: 9:00 AM
Wed. June 3: AP Biology: 1:00 PM
Thurs. June 4: AP World History: 9:00 AM
Thurs. June 4: AP Spanish: 11:00 AM
Thurs. June 4: AP Statistics: 1:00 PM
Thurs. June 5: AP English Language: 9:00 AM
Thurs. June 5: AP Psychology: 1:00 PM
If you are handwriting your AP responses and taking pictures, make sure your picture comes through in the correct format - see picture above.
- For the Class of 2020 parents only, please join the GRAHAM KAPOWSIN C/O 2020 Facebook page. Search by that name and request to join. Important information shared!
- You can also join the GKHelp Instagram page...for all students & parents!
- Shower Seniors GKHS Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/694047981362655/?fref=nf
- GK Counseling Center https://www.facebook.com/Graham-Kapowsin-Counseling-Center-363437170733154/
Nutritional Resources & Ordering
Beginning Monday, April 6th the following eight "Meals in Motion" sites will be operating-
- Camas Prairie Elementary School
- Cougar Mountain Middle School
- Graham-Kapowsin High School
- North Star Elementary School (re-opening)
- Roy Elementary School
- Shining Mountain Elementary School (re-opening)
- Spanaway Lake High School
- Spanaway Middle School
ORDER your meals here!