Media Center Bulletin
News and Happenings in the Media Center for Staff - May/June
Where we are headed the rest of this year...
- Kindergarten: Sort, Classify, Vote on and Research animals in Pebble Go! and create a class blog using kidblog!
- 1st Grade: Formulate research questions and do Koala Research using the databases Explora, Pebble Go and Britannica. Mentor text: BES nominee Jimmy the Joey
- 2nd and 3rd Grade: Caldecott Poster Project. We will learn all about the award, choose a Caldecott winner or honor book and create a poster about it... Might do a google slides presentation if time.
- 4th Grade: Author Project. Research a favorite author using Teachingbooks.net and create an informational page that links to a QR code that will go up in the Media Center shelves near that author's books! First time trying this so cross your fingers!
- 5th Grade: Advertise your library project: Create a video/commercial using the tool Animoto that highlights a book genre, series, author etc. that these students have enjoyed during their time spent in the UES library.
- PreK- We will continue to share stories, practice appropriate listening skills/behavior and cooperate at Makerspace stations.
What we've been up to...
ALL student books are due June 3. Staff books due June 17.
FCPL Visit on Tuesday May 17
9:15-9:40 5th including Magnet
9:45-10:10 3rd including Magnet
10:15-10:40 4th including Magnet
11:00 PreK AM in classroom
1:15-1:45 2nd and PM PreK
In The Media Center
Please note some times have changed from the original schedule penciled in on the calendar in the office. Thanks to Mr. Mike for being so flexible and the team leaders and Specials teachers for putting up with all the schedule changes.