The sum or difference of terms which have variables raised to positive integer powers and which have coefficients that may be real or complex.
Adding and Subtracting Polynomials
- When adding and subtracting polynomials you must combine like terms. Example you can x with another x, but you can not add x with a y.
- Add and Subtract Coefficient of like terms
- Do NOT add or subtract the exponents
Beginning Algebra & Adding Subtracting Polynomials
- Use distributive property
- Don't forget to add exponents when multiplying
Beginning Algebra & Multiplying Polynomials