NJHS May News
National Junior Honor Society Members,
We would love to hear from more of you and the wonderful things you are working on. Please submit photos and information to your advisor so we can include them in the next meeting.
Turn in your April Service Log if you have not already done so.
Have a great month and we look forward to "seeing you" at our last meeting of the year in June!
-Your NJHS Advisors
- We would love to hear about all the wonderful things you are doing in the community. Please send pictures and/or articles you would like included in the upcoming meeting to your advisor.
- Make sure to include a signed photo release form. Even if your homeroom teacher already has one on file your advisor needs their own copy. See link for the form below.
Student Leadership Team 2015-2016
Vice President Ty H.
Regional Representatives Serena G., Dage L., and Isis Z.
Leader in the Spotlight
Upcoming NJHS Outings
Operation Gratitude & Letter Writing
Please see the attached flyer and website links below to learn more about the program and how you can write a heartfelt letter to help this worthwhile cause!
Chapter Service Project- Coinstar Collections for Charities Benefiting the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
Service Hours Requirement
Your biggest responsibility is to complete a minimum of 6 hours of service each month for the entire semester. This means that by the end of the Fall Semester you must have completed 18 service hours in all for the months of November, December and January.
You can bank your service hours by completing extra early in the semester so that you don’t have to complete as many during busy months, however you cannot wait to submit your service hours at the end of the year. We need to collect them monthly so that we can keep track of our active members.
Service hours are simple acts of service offered to your community. There are just a few rules that you must follow:
- Service hours cannot be done to help your family. (Anyone that lives at your house)
- You cannot get paid for service hours. (No reimbursement, i.e. extra produce, dinner, etc.)
You will need to document your service hours by completing a service log sheet. See link for the log below. These will be turned in monthly to your advisor. See due dates below in the calendar section.
Mark Your Calendars
- May 5th- April Service Log due to your advisor
- May 12th- Monthly Meeting 2pm
- June 5rd- May Service Log due to your advisor
- June 9th- Monthly Meeting 2pm