BKE Kiefer Chronicle
2020/2021 December Newsletter
We are running out of extra water bottles in the office for students who forget and/or who do not have one. If you would like to donate a case of water, we would very much appreciate your generosity. :)
A Message from Nurse Judy
Lakeland Joint School District school health services are looking forward to students returning to school. This year in addition to the general illness guidelines, we will be addressing COVID-19. This virus shows no boundaries. It will take all of us working together to get our schools back to “normal” for you, your children, and the school district staff.
What you can do to help:
- Please do a simple health screening of your child daily before school: How-To At this time the Center for Disease Control does not currently recommend that schools conduct universal symptom screening (screening all students as they arrive at school).
- Please keep your child home from school if you answer yes to any symptoms in Section 1.
- Please do not send your child to school and notify us if your child has a positive COVID-19 test, symptoms of COVID-19, or they were exposed to someone with COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
What the school district will do to help:
- If your child has symptoms of COVID-19 at school, your child will be isolated and you will be notified to pick your child up from school. (per CDC guidelines). It is very important that the school has up to date contact information for all parent/guardians. In addition, the school needs at least one other contact person to call in the event that you are not available (this will be the emergency contact in Skyward when you register).
- We will advise sick staff or students not to return until they have met CDC criteria to discontinue home isolation.
- When the District learns of a student or staff who has tested positive for COVID-19, has had contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, or is showing symptoms of COVID-19, the school district health services team will:
- Respond and determine an appropriate course of action
- Isolate and send ill students or staff home
- Communicate with all affected individuals and initiate contact tracing
- Contact Panhandle Health District and coordinate necessary steps to protect the school population
Judy Gerstenberger R.N., B.S.N., School Nurse Lead email@example.com 208-691-2648
Although breakfast and lunch are free to all students right now, this may run out. We request that you fill out the attached form to see if you qualify for free or reduced lunch prices! This also helps us with our Title I funding. Thank you!
NO LATE START MONDAY
Some things to remember:
- Students can be dropped off on both the North and South lanes
- Students will have designated pick up areas (K-2 North, 3-5 South)
- Bus lane is now along Nagel
- Please do not park in the lanes--use the parking lot
- Follow signs posted
We appreciate your support!
BKE’s philosophy, mission, vision and beliefs were aligned to address all elements of "thoroughness" including a safe learning environment, maintenance of classroom discipline, basic values, communication skills, basic curriculum, workforce skills, current technology, and responsible citizenship. These guiding principles were developed to ensure that students acquired the skills necessary to be responsible and productive citizens, effective communicators, creative problem solvers, and lifelong learners!
We are focused on ensuring students, parents, and staff are safe at BKE. We will continue practicing drills regularly, holding monthly safety meetings to maintain our safety protocols, and continue to seek input from stakeholders regarding best practices.