The classroom happenings in Room 105!
A note from Miss Walker
Important Dates This Week:
Monday 9/21 - extra credit opportunities given
Friday 9/25 - sentence types quiz
- Middle Ages Research Project DUE
- AR Test #4 DUE
- extra credit DUE
Parent Teacher Conferences
I look forward to meeting with you all! :)
Congratulations are also in order for Matthew Moore. Matthew was not only our August Student of the Month, but was also recognized as SOUTH GROVE's Student of the Month for August!! Way to go, Matthew! :)
Academic Night - October 1st
Please help your child to be responsible by making sure:
- homework gets completed on the Chromebook each night (don't worry, they can still use them if you don't have WiFi at home!)
- The Chromebook gets CHARGED every night! The charger does not need to come to school.
- The Chromebook gets packed in their Hornet bookbag each day.
- Keep food and drinks AWAY from the Chromebook.
- Store in a safe location! Do not leave in a car or open area.
- Students are using the Chromebook in an appropriate way! Don't forget, this is a BGCS device and we can monitor activity at home!
Each student will receive 1 sheet containing 4 coupons that can be redeemed as a "free pass" if they forget their Chromebook. We will have loaner devices that the students will use during the school day in this case. However, each time the student has to use a coupon, they will lose 3 points on Class Dojo. For every time the student forgets their Chromebook after that, they will be assigned a Thursday night detention until 5pm as well as losing their Dojo points.
There are also financial responsibilities in the case of damage to or loss of the device. Please refer to the handout from Mrs. Collinsworth for a reminder of these possible charges.