Multi Step Percent Problems
Follow the steps on this flyer to learn about solving multi step problems involving percents.
1. Watch the video link below.
2. Do the following problem. Raise you hand and show the answer to Mrs. Zuber.
Target has Beats headphones for $199. They are currently on sale for 15% off. If there is also a sales tax rate of 7.5% how much will you pay for the Beats?
3. Watch the next video link below.
4. Do the following problem. Raise you hand and show the answer to Mrs. Zuber.
For Valentines Day Classy Chocolates is having a promotion where your total bill is 15% off. You found a coupon in the Liberty Tribune that is going to give you an extra 30% off! After buying roses and yummy treats your final bill is $42.57. Excluding tax how much do you owe Classy Chocolates?
* As you are working please remember the following:
Sales tax, tip, mark up all mean to ADD.
Discount, sale price, coupon all mean to SUBTRACT.
With a tip and a sales tax (like at a restaurant) you would the tax first. Then add the tip.