Do you know what to do if one hits?
Simple Steps if a Tsunami Warning is Issued
1. Make sure you listen to the radio for updated information.
2. Follow instructions given by authorities. They may give information about recommended routes or roads that are closed.
3. Check to make sure you have your disaster supply kit ready.
4. Evacuate as soon as you hear an official tsunami warning.
5. Get to high ground and go as far inland as possible.
6. Return home only after officials say it is safe. Tsunamis can last hours so do not think it is over after the first wave.