North Campus Announcements & Adieu
Fall Quarter is ending - so come to puppy happy hours!
A Farewell Note from your RD and the pups
we will miss you...from Deanne, Oscar & Guinness
It's with so much sadness that I announce my departure from Seattle U. When you return from winter break, Oscar, Guinness and I will have moved down the street to start another adventure. I have taken another job in Seattle and will still be in town, so you might spot me and the pups at the Union Green. We are heartbroken to leave you all and Oscar & Guinness will especially miss playing hall monitor and getting all the pet scratches from you. We would like to see you as much as possible before we leave, so please make sure you drop by "Happy Hours with Oscar & Guinness". Below are the dates and times. I'll have some treats for you to give them, and balls for you to throw for Guinness.
We love you! Don't forget, #xavismyfave!
Deanne (your RD), Oscar and Guinness
Oscar & Guinness happy hours!
Tuesday, Dec. 1st: 7-9pm
Thursday, Dec. 3rd: 2:30-5pm
Friday, Dec. 4th: 9-11am
Saturday, Dec. 5th: 3-5pm
Monday, Dec. 7th: 1-3pm
Wednesday, Dec. 9th: 2-4pm
Don't forget about De-Stress with Dogs hosted by HAWC on Wednesday, Dec. 2nd from 2-4pm in Student Center 160!
24-hour Quiet Hours begins
· Friday, December 4th at 11:00pm--- 24-hour Quiet Hours begins and continues until the halls close for break on Saturday, December 12th at noon.
o Please be sure to keep your volume to an absolute minimum during this time so your peers can study, write their papers and get sleep without any disruption! Any residents who choose to violate 24-hour quiet hour policies will be immediately documented without warning. It is essential that we foster a quiet, academic environment during this time!
Prepare to Leave for Winter Break
· Clean your room
· Take out all trash, recycling, and compost
· Close and lock ALL windows and put your blinds down
· Turn your heaters down to low so we do not waste energy
· Turn off all lights, unplug all cords and appliances MAKE SURE TO DEFROST MICROFRIDGES AT LEAST 24-HOURS IN ADVANCE! (Xavier only)
· Remove any valuable items and all the items you will need during the break! You will NOT be able to access your room during the break!!!
· If there is a vacancy in your room, be sure to move your items to only your room/side so that the room is left clean and ready for a new resident to move in!
Halls close for Winter Break
o Unless you have been approved to stay for Winter Break by the Housing & Residence Life central office, you are unable to stay after Saturday, December 13th at 12noon. Your card access to the buildings will be shut off on this day and will remain off for the remainder of the break.
o If for some reason you failed to apply to stay over break on time, you can still apply online through the MyHousing Portal on the Housing & Residence Life website. You will, however, probably be charged a late application fee. Please see the Holiday Policies: http://www.seattleu.edu/housing/policies/holiday-policies/
o Please plan accordingly and make sure you do not return to campus before you have been approved to be back, as your swipe access to the building will not be working!
Health & Safety Inspections
Please remember that the RA staff will be coming around on Saturday, December 13th to do Health and Safety Inspections before they leave for the break. The staff will be entering each and every room so please be sure you have completed all the items listed above so the RAs do not have to document you for non-compliance.