Read All About It!
Mrs. Illi & Mrs. Yula's Kindergarten Classroom Newsletter
February 19, 2016
100th Day !
We also had such a fun time making a 100th Day snack together. The children sorted 10 pieces of 10 kinds of snacks to make a 100-piece snack on their place mat. What an awesome day!
What Have We Been Up To?
- The children are getting so good at finding and circling 5-groups. We also worked hard with equal and not-equal signs. It was so wonderful to hear the children calling out answers and reasoning as to why their answers were correct.
- We listened for the sound /f/ all week!
High Frequency Words
- I, am, the, little, a, to, have, is, my, we, have, like he, for, me, she, with, see, look
- We wrote about the 100th Day...'I wish I had 100 ________', 'What I would buy with $100', 'I can do 100 _______', 'I can eat 100 ________.'
Books We've Been Reading
- Farfalini and Marcel, The Night Before the 100th Day of School, The 100th Day of School
- We added -s to the end of verbs so that they made sense in a sentence!
February & March...
2/20 – Talent Show at PVS Show #1 @2pm Show #2 @5pm
2/26 – School Spirit - School Color Day‖
2/29 - Wear Your Favorite Hat in Honor of the Cat in the Hat
3/1 - Wear Red & Blue in Honor of One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
3/2 - Grab a Friend and Dress as a Twin in Honor of Thing One and Thing Two
3/3 - Wear Crazy Socks in Honor of Fox in Socks
3/4 - Wear Green in Honor of Green Eggs and Ham
3/4 - Mother Goose Visits the Kindergartners at HTS
3/11 - School Spirit - Mismatch Day