January 20, 2023
News and Notes
We had a very short week and we celebrated Mrs. Hurla's 40th birthday as a campus. Mrs. Weaver's first graders also celebrated her upcoming birthday with activities that allowed them to experience 1st grade in the 1970s when Mrs. Weaver was a first grader. We are excited for an upcoming 5 day week!
A few items of note:
- Parent Teacher Conferences- We are excited to see you, and we value your time. The partnership between school and home is paramount for every child. If student(s) need to attend with the adult, there will be quiet activities provided in the hallway for the student(s) to do independently. Students attending will need to stay with their adult or outside that classroom door. Thank you for being respectful of everyone's time and collaboration during Parent Teacher Conferences.
- Basketball Intramurals- Do you have a student in 5th or 6th grade that enjoys basketball? Basketball Intramurals will begin in January. A link to the sign up form is directly below.
It's Great to Be a Buffalo,
Berryton's annual Kindergarten Pre-enrollment is scheduled for Tuesday, April 11. Incoming families will sign up for a time to visit the school and meet our kindergarten team. If you have a child that will be attending kindergarten in the fall of 2023, please email Mrs. Tanya Howbert to register your child promptly. She will need to know the following:
- Child's Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Guardian/Parent Names
- Physical Address
- Cell Phone Number for all Guardians/Parents
- Email Address for Guardians/Parents
To attend kindergarten your child must be 5 on or before August 31, 2023.
Kindergarten Pre-Enrollment emails will be sent home after Spring Break to all registered incoming kindergartner's families. Please read all information carefully and fill out all links completely. In addition to completing links we will also need the following documents emailed to Mrs. Tanya Howbert prior to April 11:
- Proof of Residency i.e. Utility bill in your name, building and/or purchase agreement, or a rental agreement copy
- Copy of a legal birth certificate (state certified copy)
- Copy of immunization record
- Copy of Custody Papers (if applicable)
By completing all the links and emailing the additional documentation requested it will make Kindergarten pre-enrollment a quicker process.
As new students move into the Berryton attendance area please encourage them to call our office. If you have any questions please contact Mrs. Howbert, Administrative Assistant at BES via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via phone at 785-861-1300.
Looking forward to a great Kindergarten Pre-enrollment!
Berryton Breakfast and Lunch Menus
Upcoming Dates and Events
- 1/23- Board of Education Meeting at 7 pm
- 1/25- Drama Club
- 1/26- Basketball Intramurals
- 1/30- Basketball Intramurals
- 2/1- Basketball Intramurals
- 2/1- Drama Club
- 2/3- Basketball Intramurals
- 2/6- Basketball Intramurals
- 2/6- Board of Education Meeting at 7 pm
- 2/7- Site Council at 5/PTO at 6:30
- 2/8- Basketball Intramurals and Drama Club
- 2/9- Breakfast with Buffalos for Families with Primary Students (8:15-9)
- 2/10- Breakfast with Buffalos for Families with Intermediate Students (8:15-9)
- 2/14- Parent/Teacher Conferences 4:00-8:00pm (See above for sign-up link)
- 2/16- Parent/Teacher Conferences 8:00am-8:00pm (See above for sign-up link)
- 2/13- Valentines Day Party at 3 pm
- 2/16-2/17- No School
- 2/20-2/21- No School
Key Assembly Dates and Times
- Friday, March 24- 9:30 AM (Outside with weather permitting)
- Tuesday, May 22- 3:00 PM (Outside with weather permitting)
As an elementary principal I enjoy working collaboratively with staff members to support student learning. I am passionate about continuing to learn professionally, and building relationships with staff and students at Berryton Elementary. When I'm not serving at Berryton Elementary I am usually with my husband and two sons. We can be found at sporting events, cheering on Kansas State University, or just enjoying a movie at home.
Location: 2921 Southeast 69th Street, Berryton, KS, USA