Community Cares & Shares
Success @ Anderson sharing current resources in KCMO
Resources and happenings for our KCPS students & families
Renewed Hearts Food Pantry & Community Kitchen
Community Kitchen every Tuesday & Fridays 4-6pm
Location: 5724 E. 12thSt. KCMO 64127 *Will deliver to homes if needed.
Contact: Shahidah Harris at (816) 915-0879 or Email: Renewedhearts2020@yahoo.com
Pandemic-Food Stamp (P-SNAP) benefits extended through November
For the 9th straight month, the USDA approved our request to extend Pandemic Food Stamp/Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (P-SNAP). This means you will automatically get the maximum Food Stamp (SNAP) benefit amount for your household size through November. Check out our media release for full details.
- Please allow a few days for the benefits to process for November.
- If your household has experienced a change in income or the number of people living in the home, contact the Family Support Division to update that information (contact information below).
November 10-12, 2020: FREE FLU SHOTS w/ Children's Mercy
These shots are FREE and will be Drive-thru to minimize contact during covid.
FREE Telehealth services from BCBS of Kansas City
Blue KC cares. During these trying times, access to care is more important than ever. That’s
why Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City is partnering with MeMD to provide free telehealth services for all Kansas City citizens* through December 31, 2020.
You don’t need insurance. You just need access to the internet using a laptop, tablet or smartphone Here's how you connect. Go to: BLUEKC.COM/ACCESS
You will need this Access code for your free service: WMA9G8MU
Masks aren't just for Halloween! We have new, disposable masks to share. Just let support staff know & we'll get them to you!
Covid-19 Testing around KCMO
- FREE testing Monday-Friday 10am-2pm with Jackson County Health Department. Visit https://www.jacohd.org/events to see dates and locations and to register.
- FREE testing everyday from 9am to noon with KC Parks & Recreation at 5 different locations. Register at https://redcap.kumc.edu/surveys/?s=DAXP7D9LEK
- Children’s Mercy is providing drive-up COVID-19 testing for symptomatic children ages birth through 18 at our Urgent Care centers. Patients need a physician order to obtain a test. Testing is by appointment only. Monday - Friday | Noon - 6 p.m. You can schedule a telehealth appointment and see one of our Children's Mercy providers via telehealth. To request a telehealth visit, go to: childrensmercy.org/SaveMySpot/1918/true/
For any questions about these resources or additional needs, please contact a Success Support Staff:
Mrs. Dua, Trauma Sensitive School Clinician
email@example.com Phone: (816) 723-1356
Ms. Chakrabarti, School Social Worker
firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (816) 406-0227
Mr. Dunlop, Behavior Interventionist
email@example.com Phone (816) 245-7857
Counselor Johnson, School Counselor