The Stone Ages
The Old Stone Age and The New Stone Age
- The Old Stone Age also known as the Paleolithic era was a period of time that lasted until about 12,000 to 70,000 years ago.
- Man Survived by Hunting Animals and gathering roots, berries, leaves, and seeds
- People began to hunt in groups, hunting animals such as mammoths , wild boar and reindeer
- No sign of agriculture but gathered many different plants and fungi to survive
- Stone Age people were Nomads, or people who have no settled homes
- Shelters built such as tepees made from animal fur and caves were used for shelter
- Weapons used for basic needs such as hunting were made of bones and rocks, showing the people intelligent's
- One of the main developments during this era was the discovery of fire
This skull is from a human from the Paleolithic Period
Weapons made for hunting during this period.
Paleolithic Cave Drawing
Cave Drawing from this Period
. During the Neolithic Era they started to stay in one place
. Man began to change his diet and eat grains and small animals
. Agriculture began and the growing of food, so no longer do people have to travel for food
. People learned to domesticate plants and animals to be useful to humans
. The use of copper and bronze to make weapons
. The people were much more intelligent and had much more advanced technology compared to people during the Paleolithic era
This a model of the houses people built during this time period.
People grew and harvested crops during this time period.
Neolithic Cave Drawings
These are drawings from the neolithic time period