*Tuesday* Mustang Memo
Book Pick-Up *THIS* Thursday 11am-2pm
Book pick up Thursday, Sept 10 at the red double doors.
Don't forget to return books that you're done with during this time as well.
We're in 4 categories- Best Preschool, Best Charter School, Best Elem. Teacher (Mrs. Rivera), Best School Leader (Ms. Arnold) VOTE EVERYDAY!! FROM EVERY DEVICE!!
Next Week (9/14-9/18)
- Lunch pick up 10:30-12:30
- Lunch pick up 10:30-12:30
*We now have FREE lunches for GAA students and their family members under 18*
- Monday & Tuesday meals will be available for pick up on Mondays.
- Wednesday & Thursday meals will be available for up on Wednesdays.
10:30-12:30 at the red double doors
Lunches are limited. Thank you to those that pre-ordered!
Contact Ms. Laura with questions. 480-325-6100
A Message from Ms. Arnold
Dear GAA Families
As you may have heard, Maricopa county has met the benchmarks set for schools to be able to reopen.
GAA will reopen as scheduled on October 12, 2020. At that time, we will begin our hybrid schedule discussed at the beginning of the year. For now, we will continue moving forward with our plan that is currently in place.
Last week, we completed our MAP Benchmark and we tested over 95% of our students! You will be getting reports this week on how your child performed as well as a video on how to read the reports. Teachers are using this information to inform their whole group and small group instruction for these last 4 weeks of Q1 and also into Q2.
October 1st & 2nd will be parent/teacher conferences. At these virtual meetings, you can discuss with your child's teacher how Q1 went and how to support your child transitioning into Q2.
Next Monday, we will be sending home a survey regarding reopening. Most of you filled out a similar form prior to school opening in August. However, I know opinions about whether you want your child to participate in the hybrid schedule or remote only may have changed. I want to note, and will explain more in a video next week, remote learning during Q2 will not look like it has in Q1. If you are considering remote only for Q2 (and further), please make sure to watch the video so you know what to expect.
As always, we are here for questions, concerns, and support. Please contact the office if you need anything. Thank you to everyone for your grace, patience, and teamwork during this time!
We also recommend saving our school phone number in your phone so you know it's us calling 480-325-6100
Student Drop off/Pick Up Procedures
- Pull up to the side gate (see map)
- Someone will come check your student's temperature. (Must be below 100)
- We'll call students to your vehicle.
- Stay in line unless directed otherwise.
Please share with others who drop off & pick up your students.
Complete these if you haven't already
- Pick up list Please send IDs of anyone on your list to Mrs. Wicker *Required for all students*
- Online Behavior/Media User Agreement *Required for all students - even if not borrowing a device from GAA* Every student needs this on file to participate in online classes. Please explain the behavior expectations to your student.
- Read through the 20/21 SY handbook and complete the acknowledgment form on the last page. *Required for all students*
- Complete the Technology Agreement if you need to borrow a chromebook. Then contact the school before coming to pick it up.
⬇️Keep going ⬇️
Easy & FREE ways to earn money for GAA:
- Link your Fry's Rewards Card to GAA
- Box Tops App- Scan your receipts
September 11th PTO will have a Q&A about Covid-19 @6pm. Link will be emailed.
PTO email- email@example.com