Team News 4.6.2020
Daring Greatly in Faith, Academics, & Service for SMCS
Holy Week: Remember to start EVERY Zoom with PRAYER!
Wow. What a week. I thank you for your patience with us as we calibrated. I know our parents are going to deeply appreciate your hard work on the week at glance. Thank you. Thank you!
I glanced through the feedback from the Parent Survey in the Dragon Roar. The feedback is overwhelmingly positive and full of gratitude. I will share a summary with you.
However, something really stood out to me, it was only one comment. A parent remarked, please don't forget to pray with my kids during live Zoom, only one teacher has done it so far.
Prayer and our faith in schools are what make us different. Our faith is truly our rock during this time. This week, what a great week--Holy Week---my challenge to you, every live Zoom you do, please pray with your kids--maybe get a volunteer to lead it or you find a prayer or video or song to share. We must pray. Keep this up in every session moving forward, even office hours-- pray with each student as they leave.
Remember to keep Jesus in that boat with you. Our Easter will come. It will. Not sure when, but I know this Easter heading our way is filled with so much more.
Please pay careful attention to this newsletter and make sure you read the Dragon Roar.
Reminders and Updates
- Focus this week: Start EVERY live Zoom in Prayer AND try to attend an Arch Teacher Zoom for teacher collaboration--super great ideas!!
- Is anyone still missing from your class? Call them and let me know.
- Team Zoom this Week: Just Tuesday in your Cluster, NO FRIDAY ALL TEAM MEETING, Please start at 12:15PM
- PK3 to 2nd Grade with Allison setting up and Regina joining
- 3rd to 8th Grade and Electives with Blanca setting up and Abby joining.
- Holy Week Prayer: I am leading a short Prayer for 15 min each day at 12PM, Monday to Friday, Zoom code: 323-989-151 We will gather, read scripture, reflect and have a small action to do based on scripture. If you want to read or lead any part of it starting Tuesday, let me know! Totally optional to attend, but try to make it to at least one. The kids would LOVE to see you there!
Connect with Other Archdiocesan Teachers! Arch Master Teacher Schedule!
We will get even better and more confident in learning from others! I finally set up the 7th grade Google Religion Classroom to support Fr. Thumma. I learned so much from each of you---your growth has helped me so much!
How is online learning going? Snapshot of Opinions of Middle School and 2nd Grade
Resources for your Classrooms
Cool facebook group to join that has awesome resources and ideas for your google classroom!
Great lesson for PK to 4th Grade. Explains Sunday's gospel.
Team Professional Learning Committee Time
Tuesday, March 31st, 12:15-1pm
- Discuss your greatest challenge in remote learning.
- Each member, be prepared to share 1 great lesson or idea or tech hack that has be phenomenal.
Show Email Template and Week at Glance best practices.
Next week prep: Multifaceted Lessons and Higher Level Student Products---How are you teaching? How are students producing and showing understanding?
This Week's Scheduled Interruptions
Monday to Friday:
- Ms. Salazar leading Holy Week Prayer at 12PM to 12:15PM, Monday to Friday, Zoom 323-989-151
- Totally optional to attend, but try to make it to at least one. The kids would LOVE to see you there!
- Cluster Zoom Meeting. PK to 2nd get code from Allison, 3rd to 8th + Electives get code from Blanca, Be sure to discuss Agenda above.
- 8:15, Good Friday, Live Children's Mass with Fr. Thumma on Facebook.
- No team meeting. No Online Classes
- Week at a Glance AND parent email due by 8PM, email to Regina and Abby.
- No Online Classes
When you're HERE at a ZERO, Call one of US!!
Rest of Year Mass Information
March 27 Middle School (Will submit intentions from Google Survey)
April 3 Pk3-4/Middle School (send out the survey)
April 9 Middle School
April 17 *Holy Thursday 4th grade, Mass and Washing of the Hands
April 23 3rd grade (Fiesta Field Day )
May 1 Middle School
May 8 2nd grade
May 15 1st grade
May 21 Middle School
*The Ascension of Jesus
May 27 8th grade Graduation Mass
Jun 2 Administrators/Faculty/Staff, End of the School Year Mass
Jun 3: 8:15 AM, Staff Mass and End of year Blessing with Fr. Thumma
Report Card Quarter 3: Grades and Skill Sets due by March 17 at 7PM.
Progress Report Quarter 4: Grades complete by Sunday, April 19.
8th Grade Report Card: Grades complete by May 22.
Kinder to 7th Grade: Take grades and complete until May 29.