First Week of School
Liberty Primary School | Liberty, SC
Wishing you well,
Jessica Patterson, Principal
Arrival and Dismissal Information
Can I walk my students to class in the mornings?
We understand that if your child is new to LPS or just because it is the first day of school you may wish to walk your child to class on the first day. Below is the guidance for walking your child to class.
- PreK (3K and 4K) parents may walk students to class from August 2-5 and August 8 &9.
- Parents of PreK (3K and 4K) students will be able park, use the crosswalk and walk their students to the front door all school year. Adults will be available for you to pass your child "off" and will make sure they make it to class safely.
- Kindergarten-2nd grade parents may walk students to class from August 2-5 (the first week).
If you plan to walk your child to class, you will need to park in the front parking lot and use the cross walk at the front of the school. Our staff will then guide or assist you where to go. Thank you for understanding the importance of following these guidelines as safety is our first priority.
Family Engagement Opportunities
Student COVID Info
- A Positive COVID test means an student must quarantine (AT HOME) for 5 days after symptoms begin or if no symptoms, 5 days after COVID test performed.
- At this time, close/household contacts are not required to quarantine as long as they are symptom free.
- Classroom letters regarding COVID will only be sent home if there is an outbreak situation
- The district will not be offering COVID testing
- Home test kits will be available from the school nurse as long as supplies are available
What if my student is Positive for COVID-19?
A Positive COVID-19 test for a STUDENT must be reported on the Google Form as detailed below.
Any SDPC student that has tested positive for COVID will need to enter their information on the SDPC Student COVID Reporting Form.
- Please answer all of the questions about your student's COVID circumstance.
- Please, do not send your student to school until you have heard from someone at the school
- Once the positive test result is reported, someone from the school will be back in touch with you with your student’s return to work date.
Here is the link and QR for the form: SDPC Student COVID Reporting Form.
Thank you for your careful attention to these COVID procedures as we begin the 2022-2023 school year.
Returning and Pre-Registered Students - All students in the School District of Pickens County must complete a required online student information update on the Back-to-School Gateway site during the annual update window which opened July 6 and will be open through late August. An email with login information was sent to parents on July 6, 2022. Reminder emails will be shared weekly until school begins. More information below.
Update Student Information
All students in the School District of Pickens County must complete a required online student information update on the Back-to-School Gateway site during the annual update window which will begin now and will be open through late August.
This must be completed before students can receive a schedule or homeroom assignment. Current information, such as address, phone numbers, and emergency contacts are required and must be updated as needed for emergency purposes. You will also be providing health/medical information as part of the update process which is vitally important for your student's health and safety at school.
As a reminder, parents can have a link sent to their cell phone to submit pictures for an updated proof of residence for address changes.
In order to log in and complete the Back-to-School Gateway update, you will be required to enter
1) your child's student number (listed at the top of email that was sent on July 13) and
2) a password (your student's date of birth).
- Username - Child's student number (listed at the top of this email)
- Password - Your student's date of birth in the following format: mm/dd/yyyy (example: 07/10/2005)
Please click here to access the Back-to-School Gateway (or cut/paste this URL: https://update.pickens.k12.sc.us/login ).
You can also access the Back-to-School Gateway from the SDPC website by clicking on the "Enroll" button at the top and going to the “Online Registration” link. Then select the Back-to-School Gateway page.
If you have any questions or problems, please contact your child's school for assistance.
K3, K4, and K5 Registration!
NOTE: If your child is currently enrolled at LPS as a pre-K student, you do not have to complete this process. This is for new students only.
After School Care Registration is OPEN!
Breakfast and Lunch Changes
Over the past two years, SDPC has been able to provide free meals to our students due to the USDA waivers associated with the COVID-19 pandemic. This federally funded free school meal program is no longer available beginning the 2022-2023 school year.
If your student qualifies for free or reduced meals, they can still receive them next year, but you MUST TAKE ACTION to make it happen.
To learn more about eligibility and the free and reduced program, visit: www.sdpcnutrition.com
To apply now, visit: bit.ly/3afH7Yd
If you have any questions, please contact our Student Nutrition department : (864)397-1167 or firstname.lastname@example.org
At Liberty Primary, ALL of our students will receive FREE breakfast, but lunch will be paid.
- Meal: $2.10
- Reduced Price $0.40
Apply for Free/Reduced Meals NOW! See link below!
More information about nutritional services and how to prepay for meals can be found here: http://sdpcnutrition.com/Information#Prepay
Bus Transportation Information
If your student plans to use the bus this year, please fill out the 2022-2023 Student Transportation Form at the link below. This will help transportation plan for routes prior to the beginning of school.
Arrival and Dismissal Times
Tech It Home Fees
Click here to pay fees online for lunch, after school care, tech it home, field trips, etc.