January 17, 2017
A Principal's Perspective
The CSISD administrative staff meet each month in our Success Team meetings to discuss district events, nuts & bolts, and other district issues. We usually start off these meetings with a professional development opportunity. This past week, we watched a video called Future Ready: Path to Pedagogical Change. I thought this video clip was very timely for us at GP while we work on our professional goals, our campus goals, and as we respond to the state's A-F report card reports.
Take time to watch the video about Coachella Valley Unified School District. The video highlights their journey to self-directed learning in the classroom from planning to assessment and how technology has impacted the change. They too are working on student choice, providing a variety of assessment practices, providing an authentic, meaningful audience to communicate with and learn from, and utilizing technology as a tool for learning. What do you see? How are we as a campus preparing our students to be future ready? How are you as the classroom teacher preparing your students this year to be future ready?
Be Innovative - Design the possibilities!
Morning Duties for the Week
Morning Assembly (7:20): Piscacek
Gym (7:20): Prukop
Cafeteria (7:20): Bartosh
Bus (7:15 - Buses/ Cafeteria after all buses arrive): J. Parker
Parent Drop Off Direct Traffic (7:20-7:50): Glunk
Parent Drop Off Car Doors (7:20-7:50): Grant & Lake
Counselor Schedule: Small Groups
Week at a Glance
Monday: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Community March & Program - March begins at 10:00 at Sadie Thomas Park and ends at Kemp Elementary with a program following. CSISD staff and families will be marching with fellow community members.
Tuesday: Faculty Meeting - All staff in attendance; January B-Day Jeans (if you missed your day Thursday)
Wednesday: Lounge Wednesday * See Below; Specialist & Tech Open Office 3:15-4:15
Thursday: Brave 3:15-4:15 SIT Group #2 (McMurray, Neidig, Seagraves, Miller, Weber/Littlefield, Williams/Hastings/J. Rhine, Parr/Anderson )
Friday: Possible Snow Enrichment Day depending on weather and temperature.
News & Notes
- We are watching the weather forecast carefully with an eye on the temperature in preparation for Snow Day. If the temperature is not conducive to a successful snow day, we will make the decision to move the date to Friday, January 27th. Please stay tuned!
- Thank you to our UIL coaches and Vicki Murphy for a successful UIL event! This is a great event where our students shine in academic competition. The award ceremony is well attended by parents and students across the district. It does take extra time, planning, and commitment to coach our students so that they feel ready for competition. UIL coaches, please wear your jeans next week. A Blue Baker lunch will be provided to you on Thursday just to express our thanks for a job well done! Look for an e-mail from Vicki with order information.
- Welcome aboard Jaime Slade! Jaime will be working in the resource room. She was hired for Diana Duke's position. We are glad that Jaime is part of our GP family not only as a parent and PTO member but now as a faculty member.
- Please help us in the office as we answer questions from parents calling about a grade level event. If you are having an event for your grade level or team, please inform the office of the event with the day and time.
- Taco Casa calendars have been placed in your box. The calendars have coupons for you to use.
- Kathryn will be requesting key information from you. Lara Lewis spent her time organizing our key cabinet (think junk drawer full of keys - okay not that bad!). We want to confirm key numbers with each staff member so that we can account for all of the keys to the building.
- It is that time of year again - Lounge Wednesday! We know that eating together provides opportunities to get to know each other better, laugh, share stories while building our GP team. If you eat in the lounge on Wednesday, wear your jeans and a GP shirt. Relaxed, comfy, and great company during lunch - can it get any better?
Mustang Yee Haws!
- Welcome back Bonnie! We are glad that you are back with us! Thank you to Lara Lewis for stepping in to sub in the office.
- Kellie Deegear and I toured Pecan Trail today! It was a self, guided tour. I think when you have a hard hat, people just assume you can be there! Great fun checking out the new school! I included some pictures for you.