Algebra I Pre-AP
Unit 2: Introduction to Functions
If you student does have a laptop, they need to be bringing it every day to class along with the charger. I am seeing a lot of students who cannot use their laptop because it is not charged. Please encourage them to bring the charger with them.
1. If you see an asterisk (*) in the gradebook, the assignment has not been entered. As of now, this grade is NOT affecting your student's average. Most likely you will see this if your student was absent and/or if I just haven't entered the grade.
2. If you see a grade of zero (0), the assignment is missing and needs to be submitted as soon as possible. This is affecting your student's average in the class.
If you have any questions about grades, please do not hesitate to email me and ask!
Unit 2 Information
- Unit 2 has is the introduction to functions. It has a lot of basic information in it that will be very important throughout the course
- This week: Monday we will look at what a function is, Tuesday will be the parent functions, and Wednesday will be evaluating functions (plugging in x to get y).
- Domain and Range: we will begin domain and range on Thursday and will continue working on it for 5 class days, ending next week on Wednesday. This is one of those concepts that many students struggle with, but my hope is that spending a full week on it will help with that.
- Next test: Friday, September 30