HMG IT Security Awareness
Social engineering is the practice of obtaining confidential information by manipulation or legitimate users. Commonly use the telephone , or internet to trick a person into revealing sensitive information.
To protect yourself you should consider the following:
- Never disable the anti-virus programs
- Never share login or password information (Anyone with your credentials can masquerade as you)
- Do not ever send confidential information or patient data via email or social media
- Be suspicious of unsolicited phone calls, visits, or email messages from individuals asking about employees or other internal information
- If you suspect you have been a victim, notify the IT Department immediately!