March 21, 2016
We return to School Wednesday, March 23rd!!!
How can Parents Help Promote a Growth Mindset?
Over the next few newsletters, I'll share some strategies that parents can use to help their children develop a "growth mindset". Growth Mindset is a believe that students can learn anything given the right feedback, a variety of strategies, and hard work.
3. Do you know brains can grow?
Explain to kids how the brain can grow stronger and that intelligence can improve throughout your life. Intelligence is not fixed. It’s changeable. This is called brain plasticity. (Aren’t you so glad!?)
What’s more, learning CHANGES our brains. (Again, three cheers for brain growth!) Kids need to know this is possible.
Bowling For Kids' Sake!
Make it a Date!
March 21: No School
March 22: No School
March 23: Regular School Day ( Snow Make-up Day #3)
March 24: Regular School Day ( Snow Make-up Day #2)
March 25: Regular School Day (Snow Make-up Day #1)
March 31: Skate Party and PTO Meeting
April 1: Last POP Tabs collection Day
April 1: Report Cards Sent Home
April 15: Chuck E Cheese Night
Pop Tabs for Popsicles Contest: Last Collection is Next Friday, April 1st!
Our second weigh-in was today, and WE ROCKED IT!! We have filled three tubs already! Our last weigh-in will be April 1st. Keep Bringing them in!! Encourage you family help us reach our new goal of 150 lbs!
100 lbs collect so far!! This is the first time we have gone over 100 lbs since 2002!
144 lbs in 2002 is our best ever...Let's go for it!
Central and Northside Middle schools have shared important dates and opportunities for our current 6th graders.
Click the above link to learn more about a community programs and opportunities like sports, contest, and much more. I will update this folder each Monday!
Previous Newsletter Information
Kindergarten Enrollment is HERE! Enroll This Week.
Monday, March 7th: Office will be open between 6:00 and 7:-00PM.
Tuesday - Friday: Register between 9:00 and 2:00 in the office.
What to Bring:
- Proof of Residency - electric/water/gas bill, mortgage/lease statement. (cable/phone bills will not work)
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Records
If you have a child you feel would benefit for early Kindergarten enrollment, you can view the application materials online. The deadline to turn in applications for early Kindergarten enrollment is April 1st. This is only for students younger than 5 by August 1st.
DO YOU HAVE A 4 YEAR-OLD OR A WILL-BE 4 YEAR-OLD AT HOME?
MORE THAN just LUNCH!
If your family meets the income qualifications for free or reduced lunch, and even if your child brings his or her lunch to school, there are several benefits that may be available for your family:
- Textbook Assistance: For financial assistance with textbook fees, check the box on the back of the free/reduced lunch application
- Elementary Backsacks Program: For weekend food, see school counselor
- High School - ACT/SAT Testing Fees: See school counselor
- High School - Dual Credit/AP Courses: See school counselor
- Discounted Internet service :$9.95 per month through Comcast — Internet Essentials — 1-855-824-8376
- Discounted Computer: $149.99 through Comcast — Internet Essentials — 1-855-846-8376
- Discounts for Sports Program Fees: See school Athletic Director
- iCare afterschool program: limited scholarships available - See BCSC website
- Click here to access this information on the BCSC website.
Links to GREAT Information - More than Lunch 2016
Spanish version Spanish, More than Lunch
Questions? Please contact: Suzi Bruin, BCSC Nutrition Assistance Coordinator, at 812-314-3851 or email@example.com