Study Guide Review
Greatest Common Factor: the BIGGEST number found on all lists of factors
GCF Word Problems Might Ask You...
- To split things into smaller parts
- To equally distribute 2 or more sets of items into their largest grouping
- To arrange something into rows or groups
Least Common Multiple: the SMALLEST number (or product) found on all lists of multiples
LCM Word Problems Might Ask You...
- About an event or something that is repeating over and over
- To get multiple items in order to have enough
- To figure out when something will happen again at the same time
What is prime factorization?
Prime Factorization: the process of breaking any whole number into its smallest whole pieces or prime numbers
Prime Numbers are numbers that have only two factors, one and itself.
Prime Numbers: 2, 3, 5, 7, 11