Lincoln Crossing Colt Connection
May 13, 2019
Mrs. Hladun's Tidings
OPEN HOUSE IS ON THURS., 5/23! Our Open House is scheduled for Thursday, May 23rd in the evening. Check out the details for the evening below!
MATH TUTORING HAS WRAPPED UP! Thank you to Ms. Shima and Mr. Coleman for providing math tutoring this year for grades 1-5. We look forward to continuing this service next year as long as the funding is available from the district.
STAFF APPRECIATION WEEK - THANK YOU! Our staff really felt the love of our community last week during Staff Appreciation Week. From the art docent made doors to the community provided meals and snacks to the special treats we received throughout the week, and the beautiful additions to our staff room (a new microwave and a beautiful outside table) - it was such a special week. There are tons of people to thank, stay tuned for that separately.
ALLERGIES: This time of year is difficult for students and staff with allergies, and our team is very sensitive to that. However, please DO NOT send your child to school with prescription or OTC allergy remedies. Recently, we found several allergy pills that had been packed in school lunches and then the child left them behind on lunch tables, meaning any other student could have taken them and perhaps ingested them. This creates a risk for other students that is not acceptable. If your child may need allergy medication during the day, please call our school health clerk, Katy, to discuss the options we can provide you/your child with. Katy can be reached at email@example.com or on our campus after 12:15 pm at 916 434 5292. Please partner with us in order to keep all of our students healthy and safe.
WEEK OF 6/3: As a reminder, school is on a 1:40 release every day the week of 6/3-6/7. Please plan ahead with pick up plans and after school care!
Open House - Thursday, 5/23
Open House is a special time where we can celebrate all the learning your child has engaged in over the year. Many families also pop into the next grade level's classroom to get a sense of what's to come. We look forward to welcoming you to campus!
You may have noticed that we pushed our Open House back one week. We made this decision in order to better accommodate for state testing (did you know that during testing, we have to cover all content on the walls!) and to better align the evening to the end of the year activities and mindset!
Here is the schedule of activities for Open House evening:
- 5:00-7:30 - Book Fair open (one night ONLY - exact time & location TBD)
- 5:30-5:45 - 4th Grade Ukulele Performance in the MPR (arrive to the MPR by 5:25)
- 5:50-6:10 - 3rd Grade Recorder Performance in the MPR (arrive to the MPR by 5:45)
- 5:45-6:45 - Science, Speech and RSP Classrooms are open to families
- 6:15-7:15 - TK-5 Classrooms are open to families
- 6:45-7:15 - Music Room open for Boomwacker fun! Come check it out!
Upcoming Events - Save the Dates!
Volunteer Thank You Breakfast - Tues., 5/21, 7:30-8:30 am in the LCES LibraryWe LOVE our volunteers and they are an important part of what makes LCES a special place to be. If you (or a member of your family) volunteers in a classroom, as a docent, as a WatchDOG, as a part of our PTC or in any other fashion, we hope you'll join us at our annual Volunteer Thank You! This year it will be held as a breakfast on Tuesday, May 21 from 7:30-8:30 am in the Library. We'll be providing supervision on the blacktop for school aged children starting at 7:30 am so that you can enjoy some 'adult time.' Click here for more information.
LCES Student Talent Show & PTC End of Year BBQ - Wed., 6/5, 4:30pm in the MPR/Blacktop
Our Colts are a talented bunch - come check out their singing, dancing, comedy and more - doors open at 4:15 and the show begins at 4:30 pm. Tickets are $2 for adults and $1 for chidlren and will be sold at the door. Immediately following (around 6 pm) will be our annual PTC Family Night and BBQ - featuring the WatchDOGS obstacle course, APEX's DJ JJ on tunes, a free BBQ and playground games! There is no cost for families to come to the BBQ! Click here for more information.
Trimester 3 Awards
Your teacher will let you know if your child will be honored at our awards ceremony, but if you want to put the date/time in your calendar, click here or find information below:
Monday, June 3rd:
- 1st grade - 8:20 am
- 2nd grade - 9:05 am
- 3rd grade - 10 am
Wednesday, June 5th:
- 4th grade - 10:20 am
Thursday, June 6th:
- 5th grade - during their breakfast (your teacher will provide details)
Friday, June 7th:
- Kindergarten - during their end of year celebration (your teacher will provide details)
Week of May 13th:
- SBAC/CAST testing continues in grades 3-5 (check with your teacher for details)
- Mon., 5/13: Early Release Day
- Mon., 5/13, 1-1:40 pm: Leadership Ambassador Council Meeting
- Mon., 5/13, 1:45-2:40 pm - Choir Rehearsal
- Tues., 5/14, lunchtime: Leadership Ambassador Action Team Meetings (Beautification & Kindness)
- Wed., 5/15, lunchtime: Leadership Ambassador Action Team Meeting (Cares)
- Fri., 5/17: Colt Pride Day
- Fri., 5/17, 10 am-2:30 pm: Kinder field trip - ALL Kinders arrive at 10 am and are picked up at 2:30 pm
Week of May 20th:
- SBAC/CAST testing - make up testing
- Mon., 5/20: Early Release Day
- Mon., 5/20, 1-1:40 pm: Leadership Ambassador Council Meeting
- Mon., 5/20, 1:45-3:15 pm: Choir Rehearsal & End of Year Party
- Tues., 5/21, 7:30-8:30 am: Volunteer Thank You Breakfast
- Tues., 5/21, lunchtime: Leadership Ambassador Action Team Meetings (Beautification & Kindness)
- Tues., 5/21, lunchtime: Food Service Fruit Tasting
- Wed., 5/22, lunchtime: Leadership Ambassador Action Team Meeting (Cares)
- Wed., 5/22, 2:45-3:10 pm: Leadership Ambassador Action Team Meeting (Pride)
- Wed., 5/22, 3-8 pm: Mountain Mike's Pizza Dine Out - no flier needed!
- Thurs., 5/23: 5-7:30 pm: Open House (see details above)
- Fri., 5/24: Colt Pride Day
- Mon., 5/27: No School in honor of Memorial Day
Looking to the end of the year:
- Week of 5/28: 5th grade Fort Bragg Trip
- Week of 6/3: Early Release Schedule all week - 1:40 pm release time
- Mon., 6/3: Tri 3 awards for grades 1, 2 and 3
- Wed., 6/5: Tri 3 awards for grade 4
- Wed., 6/5, 4:30 pm: LCES 9th Annual Talent Show & Annual PTC Free BBQ
- Thurs., 6/6: 5th grade Breakfast & Awards (your teacher will send out more info!)
- Fri., 6/7: Kinder End of Year Celebration & Awards
- Fri., 6/7: Last Day of School!
*all Leadership, Musical Theater, and Choir program details are on Mrs. Adam's website or click the link below.
Upcoming Non School Days & Early Release Days - Winter/Spring 2019
- Monday, 5/27: Memorial Day
- Week of June 3rd-June 7th: Early Release Days (1:40 Release)
- Saturday, 6/8 - Wednesday, 8/14: Summer Break (School Starts on Thursday, 8/15)
Visit our website for the most updated schedules for our Leadership Ambassador Program, including the greeter schedule!
Click for more information about school meal pricing and breakfast and lunch menus. You can also access My School Bucks to add to your child's lunch balance and submit an online application for free/reduced meals.
Click to view a map that identifies appropriate drop off/pick up areas and parking areas. It is much less congested between between 7:50-8:00 am and again between 2:50-3 pm. Supervision is provided at 7:55 am and until 3 pm (2 on ER days).
The district has approved and published 2 years of school calendars! Click for details!