Please "PAWS" with us for a Cooper School Update
September 11, 2023
Cooper School Announcements
Back to School Night
Morning Arrival Car Line
Thank you so much for your patience and support during the morning car line drop-off. We have definitely seen higher volume in the drop-off line during rainy days.
Here's how you can help us to keep the car line moving safely so we don't create traffic issues on Greentree Road:
- Please DO NOT park and walk your child through the car line. This creates unsafe conditions and further delays the car line.
- When entering the parking lot, please follow the cones to the car line and pull forward as close as you are able to safely do so.
- Once your car is curbside, please pull all the way forward before allow your child to exit the vehicle.
- Have your child ready to exit from driver's side of the vehicle. Please remain in your car. We will have additional adults at curbside drop-off to help students quickly exit their vehicles.
- Please allow your child to walk up to the entry door independently. We need to keep this area clear during arrival.
Thank you for helping us to make morning drop-off as safe and smooth as possible!
Class Dojo Communication App
Classroom teachers use ClassDojo to share exciting news and to communicate directly with families without sharing personal mobile phone numbers.
Although this communication tool comes in handy as a quick communication link between school staff and parents, it is critical that we all acknowledge and adhere to consistent parameters. Please review the notes below regarding use of ClassDojo.
Class Dojo MAY be used on a mobile device OR it can be accessed online at https://www.classdojo.com/
- Teachers can only check Class Dojo messages during non-instructional times (transitions, prep, etc.). Please do not share urgent messages through ClassDojo. For urgent matters please call the Cooper main office at 856-424-4554.
- All staff are encouraged to set "quiet hours". Please understand that classroom teachers might not respond to ClassDojo messages outside of school hours. Although a teacher's work is never finished, we encourage our staff to focus on their families on weekends and holidays.
- ClassDojo is ONLY to be utilized for basic, informative communication. (i.e. class announcements, class reminders, individual reminders, etc.)
- Class Dojo may not be used to share individual concerns. If you are reaching out regarding a concern, please do not share detailed information on ClassDojo. Instead please send a message such as, "Would you be able to give me a call to discuss a concern regarding my child?" or "Can we schedule a time to meet to discuss a concern?"
- Concerns should be discussed by telephone or in person. Typed communication often leads to misunderstandings or misinterpretations.
- Teachers may use Dojo Points for positive reinforcement, but are not required to utilize the point system. Your child's teacher will let you know if he/she will be awarding points through Class Dojo.
- Co-Teachers will be using one account. The teachers will make sure you have access to the correct account.
If any questions or concerns should arise regarding the use of Class Dojo, please don't hesitate to reach out to your child's teacher.
Meals and Snacks at Cooper
The students have been doing an excellent job learning to follow the cafeteria procedures!
Please make sure your child knows if you want him/her/them to purchase breakfast and/or lunch at school. Please also discuss with your child if they are permitted to buy snack at school, or not. Click here to view the Aramark snack list.
Money can be added to your child's account through PaySchools (Click here for directions). You can also send a check in a labeled envelope to Cherry Hill Public Schools.
If any child uses cash to purchase lunch or snack, NO CHANGE CAN BE GIVEN. Any change would be added to your child's account for future use.
Here are the Aramark menus for September:
(The following message was shared in a previous district-wide public information message)
Many families have been asking about the use of playgrounds during after-school hours. The School-Age Child Care (SACC) Program uses our playgrounds/outdoor facilities on a regular basis until 6 pm. To ensure the safety of our children, we ask that families do not use the playground/outdoor facilities on weekdays before 6 pm. Anyone not in the SACC Program on the playground/outdoor facilities during this time will be asked to leave and are welcome to return at 6 pm. We thank you for your understanding.
At Cooper School, the playgrounds on the tennis court side of the building are not used by the SACC program and may be used by the community after school. ALL Cooper students must be picked up by a parent at the parent pick-up doors, or go home and check in with their parents prior to playing on school grounds. Students designated as “walkers” MUST go home first.
From the Board of Education:
This evening is the first step in Hazard, Young and Attea’s Superintendent Search, which will include a Community Focus Group and Survey
In person focus group for the community:
Lewis Administration Building, 45 Ranoldo Terrace, 7 pm; also live streamed.
Join the meeting via a computer or mobile device at:
Join the meeting by phone:
646-558-8656 or 301-715-8592
Dial the Meeting ID followed by # when prompted Meeting ID: 816 9441 0918
There will be three other community virtual opportunities on September 13, 20 and 27, 2023 in addition to the sessions for our teachers and other groups.
From the Office of the Superintendent:
From the Transportation Department:
Thank you for your patience as our drivers navigate their new bus routes and several construction projects throughout Cherry Hill.
From SEPAG ~ Special Education Parent Advisory Group:
Care Solace ~ Mental Health Supports:
CHPS has partnered with Care Solace to provide free Mental Health Supports to our students, staff, and families. The Care Solace team can quickly connect you to verified providers in our community. Use this link to connect with a care provider or contact your school counselor for more information. http://www.caresolace.com/site/chpsd
September ~ Hispanic Heritage Month
9/13: PTA Mum Sale Ends
9/13: Back to School Night
9/14: School Picture Day
9/15: Hispanic Heritage Month Begins
9/17: Constitution Day
9/18: PTA Executive Board Mtg (7:00pm)
9/21: PTA Dine Out Night (MOD Pizza)
9/22: Spirit Wear Sale Ends
9/25: School Closed- Yom Kippur
9/29: PTA Mum Pick-Up Day
10/4: PTA General Membership Meeting