Carroll High School News
As the leaves continue to fall and pile up, it is a reminder that we are rapidly approaching a s season to be thankful and celebrate. It is a time to celebrate what students have accomplished and their success in the classroom, on the field, on the course or on the court. It is also a reminder to celebrate together the school community that we have.
Please take time over this season to thank the teachers and staff that support your students in and out of the classroom. It is amazing the number of teachers, staff and coaches that travel all over the state to cheer, support and encourage students beyond the classroom.
It is also a time to reflect and be thankful to all of the parents and volunteers who support our teams, bands and clubs as they perform and compete week in and week out.
There is so much to be thankful for as students, parents, staff and neighbors of Carroll High School. We are truly blessed!
Thank you for all that you do and your support.
Semester I - Finals
We will once again have the Student Success Time in the mornings, lunch and then have Final Exams in the afternoon. Please continue to watch for more information on Finals as we draw closer to the end of the semester.
As a reminder, students cannot take finals early. If needed, students can arrange to take missed finals on January 4th.
Guidance Staff (637-6913)
Guidance Dept. Chair - Sally Lehman X3020
Mrs. Kristin Bowland - Grade 9 (A-K) X3906
Mr. Jeremy Heidenreich - Grade 9 (L-Z) X3909
Mrs. Lauren Kimes - Grade 10 (A-K) X3021
Mrs. Megan Wingard - Grade 10 (L-Z) X3024
Mrs. Jessica McClure - Grade 11 (A-K) X3022
Ms. Rachel Fox - Grade 11 (L-Z) X3019
Mrs. Emily Kennerk - Grade 12 (A-K) X3026
Mr. Tracy Cross - Grade 12 (L-Z) X3023
Mrs. Janet Crawford - Vocational-Career-Internship x3503
Mrs. Kim Watkins - Guidance Secretary/Registrar X3007
College Application Process
2. Create account with Parchment.com & request transcript to be sent to colleges you apply to unless the college uses the common application and then student does not need parchment.
3. The counselor portion & transcript will then be completed & sent to these colleges by Mrs. Kennerk or Mr. Cross.
4. Make sure you are aware of the application deadlines. Your application needs to be completed at least a week before the deadline.
5. If you need a recommendation to go along with your application, choose someone who knows you well, tell them what it is for, and give them at least a week to complete it.
6. If you are in Career Exploration Internship, add that to your application if possible and explain what it is, how it works, and how it has benefited you. Some colleges may look at your transcript and see an Internship listed but not really know what it is all about.
Important Testing Dates
- CHECK www.nacs.k12.in.us - Click on Carroll High School, Guidance and scroll down - click on Scholarships - deadlines noted - Print and complete applications from site or link or, some can be completed on line.
- MEET THE DEADLINES - read the directions whether to send yourself or give to guidance.
- GIVE YOUR COUNSELOR - Mr. Cross/Mrs. Kennerk - AT LEAST ONE WEEK TO COMPLETE THEIR PART.
- GIVE TEACHERS AT LEAST ONE WEEK TO WRITE RECOMMENDATIONS.
- IF TRANSCRIPT NEEDED - GIVE Mrs. Watkins 3 DAYS TO PROCESS.
- ALSO CHECK www.fastweb.com
- ASK YOUR PARENTS ABOUT THEIR EMPLOYERS/ORGANIZATIONS LISTEN TO ANNOUNCEMENTS
- SEE YOUR COUNSELOR WITH QUESTIONS.
- CHS will not print those that are available online. If paper copies of applications are available from CHS-those can be obtained in the Guidance Office.
Semi-Formal '22 - Under the Sea
Charger Pride - "Verses"
Congratulations to the Charger Pride!!! They are moving on to compete at the ISSMA State Finals at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis on Saturday, November 5th. Congratulations to all the students, parents, Mr. Hassell and Mr. Frazier.
11/5 ISSMA State Finals at Lucas Oil Stadium
2022 Culinary and Fashion Expose
What: 10th Annual Culinary and Fashion Exposé, “The Bee’s Knees, Yesterday’s Trends, Today”
- Live Runway Show, Tasting Menu, Cash Bar, Silent Auction
When: Friday, November 18, 2022, doors open at 6:30pm, Runway Show starts at 7:00pm
Where: Parkview Mirro Center for Research & Innovation
Tickets: Adults 21 and over
Single Ticket: $30.00
Ticket sale cutoff date: Wednesday, November 9th @ 11:59pm
Tickets are available through Eventlink
Our library inventory and checkout system is managed electronically through a program called Destiny. Students and parents can log-in to Destiny at any time to view the library books that are currently checked-out and the past check-out history. Destiny access for each building can be accessed through the district website at https://destiny.nacs.k12.in.us/ .
In order to access Destiny, parents and students use their district username (the first five letters of their last names followed by the first three letters of their first names (i.e. Brian Johnson = johnsbri)) and the password that is used to log-in to their school computers.
Elementary students’ passwords consist of their student numbers followed by the first four letters of their teachers’ last names (first letter of teacher last name is capitalized (i.e 12345678John).
Secondary students’ passwords are unique to each student, and you can obtain this information from your child.